Come Back Home - 01

Dedicated to Ate Epji (@steppinout) 😆😘😘😘😘

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"I'm glad to be of service, Ms. Park, have a good day ahead." Hanging up the last call I have for today's shift, I sigh deeply as I leaned on my chair. I have been working as a Customer Service Representative for the past six months and thank God I'm getting the hang of most of the things I should know.

"Kiera, want to grab a bite?" my colleague and friend, Aira, approached my desk.

"Sorry, Aira, I have to clean my apartment today." I replied with an apologizing tone while fixing things in my bag. "The last time I cleaned my room was three months ago." I chuckled.

Aira gave me a questioning look, "Whoa, seriously?" she made a face with a disgusted look as a tease, "Right, go home right away and be careful of snakes."

I stick my tongue out and she laughed as a reply and went back to her station. I stood up and looked at the clock to re-check if my shift finally ended. The digital clock on the wall reads 5:35am. I waved goodbye to my teammates and Aira as I head out to the elevator.

The sun is slowly rising while I commute. The streets and main roads are starting to get busy, and it's not even 6am yet. I'm getting ready to call it a day, while most of the people are getting ready to start theirs. No longer than an hour when I arrived at my apartment. I was so driven to clean my room earlier, but now, I feel so exhausted, I badly want to hit the sack. But, before I completely want to retire for the day, I stood up and slapped my cheeks lightly as a motivation.

Or so I thought.

Instead of holding a broom, I am holding a cup of tea and sitting at my veranda. I let out an exasperated sigh. This is not how I imagine things would go. Just when I thought this day is getting pretty ordinary, I almost spill the content of the mug when I saw a figure moving at the window in front of me. The next apartment building look exactly like ours since the landlady owns it as well, so my veranda is a meter away from the other one, which you might think is pretty dangerous. However, the landlady said no one has been occupying the room for a year, that's why I agreed renting this room. But now—I'm quite worried, what in the world was that figure I saw a while ago?

Shifting glances towards the window in front of me, I stood up rapidly to go inside my room. Before I turn my back to the veranda completely, a man's voice rang my ears.

"Excuse me."

"Ah!" I shrieked, spilling the contents of the mug this time.

"Whoa, miss, are you okay?" the same voice I heard earlier spoke again.

Spilling my heart out together with the tea in my mug, I jolted behind my sliding door. I took a peek to the neighboring window and I found a man, or rather than a boy (probably) younger than me by a year or two, leaning on the veranda with an amused smile on his face.

What the hell?

"Can i help you? Who are you?" I asked with a slightly shaking voice.

"I never thought you still care about introduction in this situation." He replied with a snicker. "Anyway, I just moved here and my electricity's still down. Would you mind if I ask for a cup of hot water?"

I stared at him with disbelief. He talked so casually after the jump scare he did to me. As I had a clear sight, he looks really younger than me, but taller. He's quite skinny and pale for a guy, messy hair and bangs that fall on his eyes and casual clothes. He doesn't look like something who'll rob me, though. I hope.