Come Back Home - 02 (end)

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"I know this is too late to ask but, what am I doing here again?" he asked while he's sitting on my bed.

"You're here because I gave you that fever." I replied, preparing a hot compress.

"Look, don't feel like you're responsible to this. Are you okay having a stranger in your room? And a guy, on top of that?"

I swallowed. "You won't do anything." I concluded.

"You sure about that?" he gave me a boyish teasing smile.

"Yes. Now, shut up and take this. It's antibiotic." I handed him a small tablet and he drank it. After that, I handed him the book we were sharing to read. "Stay there and don't do anything stupid."

"Yes, mom." He muttered like a child.

It's already 10am when he fell asleep, still high on fever. I placed a fever patch on his forehead and put a blanket on him. I sighed and sat on the dining chair beside the sofa. This feels like taking care of my siblings. Haven't done this since I left home. I stared at his sleeping face, he looks like a tame sheep but a wild wolf when he's awake. He stirred a little and strands of hair fell on his eyes. I should stop staring but I got to admit, he is attractive. I wonder if he belongs in a rich family.

"Hmm..." I turned my head to my phone rapidly when he stirred again, his eyes half-open and stood up.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked. He's still sitting with droopy eyes.

"Mom, I saw you in my dreams." He suddenly spoke in a soft voice. Do I look like a mom? I went to him and touched his forehead. He's damn burning! No wonder he's delirious.

"Okay, okay. Lie down again." I supported his back and gently lied him down. God, what have I given to this kid? His fever is worse than mine! I replaced his fever patch and covered his half body with a blanket and before I stood up, a hand held my wrist.

"Can you stay here for a while?" he said in a breathy and husky tone.

I gave him a questioning look. "No. You're delirious, you're fever's high. I'm not your mom. So, no, I won't stay here." Before I realize it, I'm blabbering without a period in my sentence. What am I being nervous about?

I peered down at him, with his hand still gripping my wrist, his eyes are slowly closing. "Just for a while." He whispered.

I mentally grunted as I sat on the floor and put my chin on my knees. You owe me big time, you brat. I never had a close contact with a guy before! I bowed my head on my knees to hide whatever color my cheeks have right now. This is so embarrassing.

I woke up with darkness covering the whole room. I check the time on my phone and it read 8:00pm. I tried to shift from my position when a hand gripped mine, stopping me from moving. I opened the flashlight from my phone and a face is a few inch closer than mine. I saw his eyes stirring as well and opening slowly. I think our eyes got bigger than mouths when we realize how close we are. I shrieked and fell on the sofa with a solid thud.

"Ow..." I rubbed my hip. Then I remembered what happened this afternoon—I sat on the floor and didn't realize that I slept, then I woke up on the sofa.

"That must've hurt." He grumbled.

"Why am I on the sofa?!"

"I'm worried about your back." He replied casually while pulling the blanket up on his chin.