Chapter 1

"Gah! Fifth one this month!" Misto groaned.

His jacket had gotten caught on some stuck out piece of metal on a fence, that no one seemingly had bothered to notice. Of course, no one noticed, the fence still served his purpose. Yet Misto still cursed the entire population of The Junkyard for not taking notice of one small piece of twisted metal.

The tux slowly tucked his jacked close, breath visible in front of him as he trudged down the outskirts of The Junkyard, trying to find the entrance gates, as it was pitch black out. He shot a glance at a tattered slip of paper in his hand. He was on time to his destination. Why he was invited, he had no idea.

With a sharp turn, Misto slammed right into the entrance gates, the gates shaking and moving inward with Misto's weight. They were open. He shrugged the fact they were unlocked, and the eerie squeak they made since they probably were expecting more than just him.

The tux slowly made his way closer to the Junkyard, frowning to make out its shape. Why they called their mansion "The Junkyard" was beyond him. Misto had almost made it to the front doors when he spotted a figure near one of the windows.

The light from inside drew the silhouette of a tall, built tom, who was crouched over in an uncomfortable position. Misto eyed it closely, tilting his head.

"H...hello?" Misto called. A loud snarl responded, the figure snapping forward to face the tux. Misto narrowed his eyes, "Um, are you-" He didn't have time to finish before the figure suddenly lunged forward toward Misto, reaching the tux in only a few steps. The figure grabbed Misto, trapping him in their arms. Misto screamed but was quickly cut off by a terrible, shooting pain in his neck.

His blood was being consumed through his neck. A vampire had gotten him.

----

Munkustrap sat down in his chair with a heavy sigh. The tom had been worked to death, both with the fact his job required a lot of running and two his partner, Tugger, required half of his energy to deal with him. The silver cat set his head down on his desk, groaning, the desk shaking causing a stack of papers to fall on Munk's head.

"MUNK, WE-Holy shit." Tugger had barged into the room, without knocking of course, to find the somewhat depressing scene.

"What do you want?" Munk grumbled, slowly sitting up.

"A-are you ok there, do you want me to leave you alone or-"

"Just fucking tell me, Tugger." Munk said, facepalming.

"Alright, Alright." Tugger pulled out a letter from his tailcoat, opening it,

"Dear, Munkustrap~

We are pleased to inform you that you, and two guests, are invited to the Fete de la Nuit. As you may know, it is one of the largest parties in the city, and only happens every March Equinox. It would make everything all go smoother if you, the Baron Munkustrap, were to attend. We hope you will consider.

~M.T."

"I do certainly love the fancy-schmancy language." Munk mocked, resting his head on his desk.

"Yeah, but it's one of the biggest parties, as it said!" Tugger said, smiling, "Imagine all the food, beer, women! E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!"

"Tugger, just...stop."

"What? Don't you want to go?"

"I hate the fact you emphasize the least interesting parts."

"Oh, so just because-"