❤️ Our story ❤️

Castiel awoke with a jolt. He bolted up upright in his dark cavern. He saw a light in the corner of his eye, in his father's quarters. He got up and swam to the light. He paused, nervously, in front of the entrance.

    Dread filled him suddenly as he knocked on the wall. His father was openly weeping, something Cas had never seen. He turned to face Castiel and wiped his tears only slightly. He rose and brought his son into a tight hug.

    He pulled away, looking at him sadly. "Castiel, how to say to you... Some time last night, during another one of our swims-" He broke into another sob.

    Castiel tilted his head to the side, looking around to not see his mother.

    "A- A human ship came, and-" His voice failed him again. He simply looked into Castiel's eyes again. Realization rushed through Castiel.

He gasped as tears filled his eyes. He swam out, sobs filling the empty hall. He rushed into his room and stayed there. As more awoke and more became aware of the tragedy, people wondered if he was alright. Most were too busy mourning their beloved queen to do anything about it, though.

Two full days later, a knock finally came at his room. Castiel had 6 older siblings but it was easy to guess who was at the entrance.

His voice was low, raw from crying. It sounded like he had never heard it, like it had never meant to sound. "Hey, Cassie," Gabriel said softly. There was a long silence.

Castiel threw himself into his brother's arms and they cried for a long time. "It'll be okay.." Gabriel whispered. "We'll get through this.." he said.

As the years passed, the grief remained but the pain dulled. Chuck, Castiel's father, came to the orchestra. He didn't even look at the crowd, for he's seen them all before. He watched as the orchestra began to start as soon as Samandriel walked in. He began conducting.

One brother popped up at a time singing a different verse. The last brother was supposed to pop up when Castiel wasn't there.

"CASTIEL!" screamed Samandriel.

Castiel swam by a an old ship that had sunk.

"Come on Balthazar." Castiel said swimming into the first part of the ship.

"Castiel, it's not safe.." Balthazar said looking around in fright and anger. "There could be sharks, what are we even doing here?"

Castiel looked back at him, rolling his eyes, "There are no sharks around here, Balthazar."

He dove into the ship, looking for treasures. It was as per usual, Balthazar was whining and Castiel was exploring. "Cassie, I'm serious, this is the opposite of safe. We should get-"

"Balthazar," Castiel groaned suddenly his other half was stuck in the window of the ship.

Balthazar rushed to help Castiel. He pushed with all his might until Castiel was out.

"If you're not up to this you could wait out there looking out for any sharks."

Balthazar nodded and Castiel started looking for treasures.

"Wait, sharks! Castiel!" Balthazar shouted suddenly. His eyes were wide with fear as he tried to warn his friend.

Castiel looked back at Balthazar once more. He chuckled "Okay. Come on, Balthazar, you're not getting out of here that easily." Balthazar tried going through the window, anyway, and became stuck.

"Little help here?" Balthazar said. Castiel swam to him and tried to get him free. He pulled at his tail roughly. "Easy!" Balthazar shouted.

"Well if you cut off the seaweed maybe we wouldn't be in this situation!" Castiel argued sassily. Balthazar made an offended sound. Suddenly he slipped through the window, back into the ship.