Walls chapter one

"beep. Beep. Beep. Beep."

My alarm went off. Groaning, I sat up. I reached over, and shut it off. I got out of bed, and walked over to the window. The sky was gray, as always. I got ready for the day. I got dressed, and went out the door.

A couple months ago, there was grass. People did things themselves, without the help of robots. People walked outside, REAL outside, and there were trees, and the sky was blue. People ate what they wanted, lived where they wanted, and did what they wanted. Then, one day, the zombies came. Nobody knows where they came from, or how they were created, even after intensive research. Over half the worlds' population was killed.

The zombies never really left. The couple hundred survivors gathered into one place, one sheltered place. Walls were built, houses were made, and so were rules. New rules, for everyone to obey.

1) everyone must stay inside the Walls at ALL TIMES. 2)everyone must wear protective breathing filters AT ALL TIMES. 3) everyone must be inside their houses at 8:00pm SHARP. 4)everyone is to have food rations. Those rules are to be obeyed by everyone, at all times, no exceptions.

If anyone was to venture out beyond the walls, the zombies would surely get them. It hasn't been proven there are still zombies, but who wants to go out and see? You have to wear an air filter, in case the Zombie Virus is in the air. There's only so much food in this circle of walls, so we have to save it. And zombies are most active at night. So you have to be inside. If you disobey any of these rules, you are sent out, to be on your own.