Walls chapter 5, the last chapter. Phew.

I couldn't argue with he official I had been out too late. And now I had to suffer the consequences. I was scared though. Who wouldn't be?

My leg was still broken, and they gave me some painkillers and put it in a cast. Then, the plan was to lower me down outside the wall. I was the first person ever to break a rule. Yay me.

They lowered me down quickly, in the dead of night. No goodbyes. No nothing. I closed my eyes tight, and braced myself to be eaten by the zombies that were surely there. I felt my feet touch the ground. Or rather, my foot. My other foot was covered in a cast. But I felt grass. Slowly, I opened my eyes.

No zombies. Anywhere.

There was grass, and trees, and the sky was blue. I took off my air filter. No virus in the air that I could tell. Just crisp, clean air. There were wildflowers strewn about. The sun was shining, there was a warm breeze, and birds could be heard. I swear I saw a rabbit running through the tall grass.

The zombies were gone. There was no reason to stay in that tiny walled area, when we had all this. All this land, surrounding us on all sides.

"Look!" I shouted up to the wall. "Look at this!"

----------------------------------

Yeah I didn't really like this story :/

I hope my next one is better.