Chapter 1

TUNDE’S P.O.V

“Hello from the other side.” I continued to sing beautifully, with my tone so clear, I even enjoyed the way I sang but there are always obstructions. As I was singing my mum entered angrily.

“Don’t you know it’s time to eat, you will be singing here every time, it’s annoying! Badly!” She stormed out of the room.

“Why are they against my singing advancement? One day I will be like Luis Fonsi, Wizkid, Adele and other known artiste.” I said happily with my eyes up and my head facing towards the ceiling. “I believe so.”

I quickly ran down stairs to eat. My house is a duplex. The dining section is down stairs while the rooms are all upstairs.

Everyone had settled down already, I was like the only one left. When I sat to eat my father began his own shouting tales  and started to nag at me.

“Why are you always singing? Tell me Tunde!” His voice was really loud and felt bad because I really hate when my dad especially shouts at me, I always feel guilty.

I responded with silence and continued to eat my food. When I was done I went back to my room and put on my earpiece and began to listen to music. That is my hobby, singing and listening to music.

I was bored and decided to go my elder sister’s room. She is getting married in two weeks time, precisely eighteen days from now. When I got to her room I met her sobbing. She was trying to cover her face.

I actually entered and started to stare at her thinking what could have been wrong?  I then went back behind the door and knocked and she screamed “Get out please, I’m dealing with something critical.”

I was still wondering why she had to cry like this. I then entered without her permission and she turned to me fiercely, her eyes were as red as blood and her face pale.

“What is the problem?” I asked her worriedly. Her face was so pale, I have never seen my dear sister Tilewa in this state. “Tell me Tilewa.” I started to think of some many things. ‘Did Gozie annul the upcoming marriage, did Gozie run away, did mother decline the marriage proposal,’  I just had to get reed of all the dirty thoughts in my mind. “What is the problem?!” I needed an answer badly unless I could freak out.

“Answer me Tilewa.” I requested in anxiety, I really wanted to know the cause of her tears.

“It’s actually none of your business, but I will tell you.” She said wiping her tears with her right index finger. She slowly started to gain energy and become her normal self again. “I visited Gozie today and…”

“Why did you visit?”

“Shey I am telling you, calm down let me land.”

“Alright, Tilewa, you are keeping me in suspense, speak up.”

“His mother insulted me badly…” Slowly she became pale as she spoke. “…she said I’m not worthy to be called her daughter in-law. I felt so bad and I left the house without even seeing Gozie, she did not allow me to see Gozie today.” She said crying again like the way she was crying when I first entered.

“Don’t cry again. It is well.” That is my favourite sentence it is well I loved that word because I knew all was going to be well.

PRESENT TENSE

I embrace and leave for my room. I actually have no specific reason so I go to the parlor to see a movie. As I am watching the movie I see a newspaper on the centre glass table, I am one thousand percent sure Dad dropped it there this very morning. I checked the date and it was the current date. My Dad loves reading newspaper and I enjoy only some articles and comics for kids. My youngest sister Temiloluwa enjoys that also. I pick up the newspaper and I open it page by page. At a point I begin to wonder what the hell is all these?  Some people definitely love writing.