Welcome Back Again

December 2017 (101 days left)
I'm back again.
I'm back in the place that I started in. At first I thought I was getting better, but now I know that it was all a lie. She tells me that my life is better now and that I should be grateful. Except that this life is a lie. My family doesn't have nice things and a secure roof over their heads. My family doesn't all sit at the table and pretend to be happy and content with their lives. My family doesn't ask questions about our feelings and have long deep conversation. And that is why I'm back again. I'm back in the same spot that almost led me to self destruct. The realization of what I will never have. The realization of what could have been. If my mother wasn't strung up, in-and-out of the streets, and ignorant. If my mother hadn't decided to cause the fight that led the police to dig into our situation. If my mother wasn't sittting in a hospital bed fighting for her life. Welcome back again. If I hadn't told all of my dirty secrets to my coworkers. If I hadn't dated someone I worked with. If I hadn't had to quit my job when I was forced to move. Welcome back again. If I hadn't left Indiana, the place where I was born and grew up. If I hadn't heard the news of my aunt's passing. If I hadn't been told that I couldn't leave the state to go to her funeral. Welcome back again, depression. The feeling of moving slowly through life and not seeing the end of this situation clearly is what's really getting to me. I've not lived enough to not want to get up and get out of bed some days. This feeling won't go away. This depression won't go away for long. It always comas back again. You're not welcome here, but yet you back again, depression.