• CHAPTER 3 •

LEINA'S POV

I was woken up by the bell indicating that school is over.

I looked to my side to see Noah still sleeping peacefully. He must be a deep sleeper or is really tired.

I decided to accompany him until he wakes up by himself because I don't want to be the one to wake him up from his peaceful slumber.

After around 15 minutes, he started to stir and I waited for him patiently to wake up.

He slowly opens his eyes and it widens once he saw me. He rubs his eyes to get rid of the sleep and attempted to sit but flinch back as it hurts.

I immediately stood up to help him sit up carefully.

"Did you drive here or...?" I ask him once he successfully sat up.

"I actually walked h-here," he answered, trying to not stutter but failing at the end.

"Ok then, i'll drive you to my house," I state and he nodded.

I help him move his legs off the bed and push him slowly off the bed to regain his balance.

I decided not to sling his arm around my shoulder since it would stretch his upper body and would hurt the wound.

I wonder why I did not thought of that earlier.

I placed my hands on his hips to support him, realizing it would hurt if I touch his stomach.

He shivered at this.

When we arrived outside, the halls are already almost empty, meaning there are very few students left.

I help Noah get to my car very slowly since his wounds still hurt.

How do I know? He keeps on flinching every step when he walks.

When we arrive at my car, I gently help him get into the passenger's seat, not applying seat belt over him since it will just put pressure on the wound.

I then went into my own side of the car, which obviously is the driver's seat and started driving towards my house.

I could tell Noah isn't really a speaker by the way he stays silent the whole ride to my house.

Once we arrived, I help Noah get out of the car and direct him to my house which is just a few feet away from the driveway.

I unlocked the door and went inside, along with Noah.

We were greeted with silence since I live along in my house. I used to live in Chicago when I decided to continue high school in New York. So my kind parents decided to buy me a medium-sized house in New York so I can go to school there, well, technically, here.

So yeah, here I am, living in New York alone, knowing no one while my parents are in Chicago working their ass off.

I help him walk towards the couch and plop him down on it carefully.

I then left him to go to the kitchen to grab some snacks since i'm feeling a bit hungry but not too hungry to have dinner.

Once I grabbed a ton of chips and drinks, I went back to the living room, watching Noah watch my every movement.

He looked down when he sees me watching him and I could see his ears gain a little bit of pinkness.

I grabbed the picture that was stored in my bag and without much talking, we headed straight into discussing the outline of what we're going to right and note it all out on a piece of paper.

After 30 minutes, I decided that we- or precisely me- needed a break since my back is aching and my stomach is shouting at me to eat.

I grabbed the chips from the table and offered Noah a bag as well. He refused but after more reassurance, he finally took it.

I knew he wants it but he was just hesitant.

We started munching on our chips and I turned on the TV since it was so silent, except for the sound of the chips crunching.

Noah wasn't really much of a talker and I wouldn't want to be the one to force him to talk.

I switched through the channels and there was nothing interesting. I would watch netflix but I don't really know what to watch.

"Why's there a bruise on your chest?" I suddenly blurted out, mentally face palming myself for creating tension in the atmosphere.

"Um- I-I was p-punched by those g-guys today," he lied, stuttering more than usual.

I knew he was lying. The bruise looks old.

If he wants to play dumb, then I can too.

"No, not the ones on your stomach, the one on your chest. It looks old and i'm not that stupid to not know that you got it before this incident," I told him.

I wasn't planning to pry more but while we're at this, why don't we just discover the truth.

"It's nothing," he said quickly, not even stuttering.

I was just about to open my mouth to say something but he quickly continued, "I think I should leave,"

He packed his stuffs quickly, using the fact that he didn't take out much stuffs as an advantage to get out of here quicker.

He stood up quickly and said, "bye," before he flew off towards the door and left

Dammit.

•~•~•
ENJOY
VOTE,COMMENT,SHARE
~ssamwritess~