Dreaming

Chapter One

Jakob's POV

I run my hands through my wet blonde hair, making sure all of bubbly shampoo is out. After that, I turn the metal knob, turning the hot shower off. I grab the blue towel off the marble counter and start drying my hair off. I get out of the shower, and stand infront of the mirror. I wipe the foggy glass to get a clearer view of myself. My hair is just long enough to reach my blue eyes. I take my mother's face, yet I have my father's ears.

"Jakob, you better hurry! The bus will be here in five minutes!" my mother yells from downstairs. I run into my small room. My bed faces the opposite way of my large transparent window panes. From my wooden dresser, which was right beside my bed, I grab a plain cotton tee, blue jeans, and a pair of socks. As I finish putting my jeans on, I'm running down the carpeted stairs. I grab my tennis shoes, which glew vibrant colors such as blue and red, and sat down to eat my grainy ceral. The taste was bland, but sugary, like always. My mother glares at me, with sadness in her pupils.

"What's wrong, Mom?" I ask, sincerley. She never looks sad.

"It... It's nothing Jakob. We'll talk about it after, after your school is over," she murmured, looking as if she were about to cry. I don't know why she would be sad, I mean, there's nothing wrong in our life. Then it hits me. My father. Something about my father must have popped up, or she wouldn't worry as much. Three years of not knowing where he went. He left us out of the blue. Simply left for work, and never came back. I never asked about it, because my mom would end up going to her bedroom and crying.

                                                                                        ***

The white-as-snow bus pulls up to the musty school's entrance. I sigh. It's my sophmore year, but I'm basically smart enough to be in the senior class. The only thing I'm looking forward to right now is history class. It's always been fun to learn about what happened before us. History is where I have my highest grade, an A+. All my other grades are usually A's or A-'s. It doesn't matter, I almost have all of my credits to finish highschool. I've actually been offered to move to the junior class. I declined because I didn't want to be in a different grade as my girlfriend, Sarah, for we would never see eachother in school. We are pretty close, for we hangout a lot during and after school.

The bell sings as I step into school, signalling that school has started. I have only but five minutes to get to class, so I hurry and get my math book and notebook out of my locker. I head straigh into class, opening the wooden door. Mrs. Klevis smiles at me as I take my seat next to Casey, my best friend.

"Hey, bro!" he shouts, giving me a friendly punch.

"I'm right here, do you have to yell across the room to me?" I say, smartly. I give him a punch back and get my homework from last night out. We were learning about algerbra, which wasn't hard for me. I knew today would be a good day.