The Beginning

I yelped in pain as my side hit the ground hard with a loud thump, and I'm sure I heard a significant pop in my knee as I landed on the pavement bridge. Blood seeped out of my thigh where the blade had pierced my skin; I had to keep going. The cold night air made it hard to breathe, but at least it numbed the pain from my wounds. I had only a few more miles before getting to the HQ. It was not easy. I had one persistant problem, my captors were hot on my trail and gaining fast. I couldn't risk letting them discover the location of the HQ. A shot rang through my ears as the bullet whizzed past my shoulders, htting the door of a nearby shop. One thing was certain, this was more than a game

Over the past half year I've been tracked, kidnapped, beaten, tortured, drugged, and starved. All just for this asinine secret. I don't see at all how it could possibly be vital, but that's what they tell me; so it's my involuntary duty to ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. The world today is vulnerable to be overrun by those who strive for power and dominance. There are groups scattered all over the nation planning to overrun the already crumbling but in a false sense of stability government. The government isn't perfect. There are many people ill and hungry on the streets, but even so if any of the other groups were to take over everything as we know it would collapse. There are those who chose not to be governed by the leaders of a predetermined new world. They are in an exclusive group trying to prevent the overturn of the government for the sake of living. I'd much rather live free by my own means, than to be told how to live by some two-bit know-it-all, or a hotshot millionaire who knows nothing but how to ring a bell when they want their house slippers; but there's no time for that now. I need to find a place to hide before the next shot doesn't miss.