2

I round the corner and run into an alley. I dive behind the dumpster, hoping they didn't see me. Loud rushed footsteps thunder down the street. "GO. Find her. Don't let her get away of I'll have all your heads." A loud voice boomed. The once congregational footsteps scattered. Moments passed; not a sound came from anywhere. Slowly and silently I rose to my feet and creep to the corner, keeping to the shadows. I could hear the 2 scruffy voices of men talking.

"That little brat, I swear, she's gonna get it when I find her, that little-," One ranted.

"Just calm it and let's find her, Owen's already going to chew us for letting her escape thanks to you." the other interrupted.

Owen. The leader of the group. He handles everything down to a tee. He is eager to get power, and he has the patience and knowledge to get it. He is my age, came into power after his father. He is powerful and smart for his age though many think he is nothing more than a mere boy at first. He proves them wrong at first shot. He is not underestimated by anyone, which makes him dangerous.

Meanwhile the voices continued.

"Thanks to me?! It's Bills fault! He's the one who just had to try to-"

"Look save it, I don't care who's fault it is, He shouldn't have tried to do that in the first place. She's a human too, not a play toy."

"Oh, so you're taking her side now?"

"I'm not taking anyone's side, but she didn't deserve to be treated like a slave, she's just as human as you and I."

"A filthy rat she is, the whole lot of 'em, wanting the same ratty government, why? why not have power?" the man said, snapping the bar he was holding in two.

"With power comes responsibility, responsibility that can be great and more powerful than it may seem." the more sensible one said. "it's whose hands it falls in that makes the difference."

The more oblivious man opened his mouth, insulted, as if to question the remark, but only grunted in response. They continued to search for me, not that they could catch me if they even managed to find me. I leaned against the wall to take the pressure off my thigh, which was still bleeding out.

A hand suddenly clasp roughly around my mouth, and the figure grasp my own behind my back.

"Well, look what we have here," he whispered in my ear. "Exactly who I'm looking for."