Chapter 8

Lilith's Pov

After my Pokémon was healed, I went to the Coumarine City Gym. I walked inside. Coumarine City Gym was inside the Pledging Tree.

"Hello?" I said. "I'm Lilith Jones and I came here to fight for the badge."

"Oh, hello my dear." I heard.

I looked around. I saw a old, pale man, with a grey beard. It was Ramos, the gym leader.

"So you came here to fight for the badge." Ramos said.

"Yes." I said.

"Follow me, young lady." Ramos said.

Ramos went somewhere. I followed him. I looked around when we walked. It's like a forest in here. After a few minutes we made it to the battlefield. I stood on one side of the battlefield, and Ramon on the other.

"This is the battle between the leader, Coumarine City Gym, Ramos, and Lilith Jones, it will be a 3vs3 battle. Only the challenger is allowed to change Pokemon. The battle begins!" The judge said.

"Jumpluff, I choose you." Ramos said and threw his Poké Ball.

I pointed my Pokédex at it.

"Jumpluff, the Cottonweed Pokémon. Jumpluff drifts around the world with the seasonal winds. It releases cottony spores as it travels."

"Fennekin, are you ready?" I asked.

Fennekin nodded. Fennekin jumped off my shoulder on the battlefield.

"Jumpluff, use Sunny Day." Ramos said.

Jumpluff used Sunny Day. Chlorophyll, its ability, activated.

"Jumpluff, use Cotton Guard." Ramos said.

"Fennekin, use Hidden Power on the cotton." I said.

Fennekin used Hidden Power but it was too weak. Sunny Day increases the power of fiery attacks, so...

"Fennekin, use Flamethrower." I said.

Fennekin used Flamethower. Flamethrower became stronger. It destroyed Cotton Guard and hurt Jumpluff a little.

"Fennekin, quick use Scratch and then use Flamethrower." I said.

Jumpluff got hit. One more hit should finish it off.

"Fennekin, let's finish it." I said.

"Fennekin." Fennekin nodded and suddenly started to glow.

My eyes widened. She's evolving... After a while, instead of Fennekin, I saw Braixen.

"Braixen!" Braixen said.

I pointed my Pokédex at her.

"Braixen, the Fox Pokémon and the evolved form of Fennekin. To defeat its opponent, Braixen combines the flame from the twig in its tail with its fiery breath, creating a massive Fire Spin."

I smiled happily. I saw on my Pokédex that Braixen knows 2 new moves.

"Braixen, let's try one of your new moves. Use Fire Blast." I said.

Braixen used Fire Blast and knocked out Jumpluff. 

"Jumpluff is unable to fight. Braixen wins." The judge said.

Ramos returned Jumpluff. 

"Braixen Brai!" Braixen hugged me.

I hugged her back.

"You were great." I said. "Take a rest now."

Braixen nodded. She then stood next to me.

"It was a very good fight. I didn't expect Fennekin to evolve into Braixen. However, this isn't the end." Ramos said. "Weepinbell, I choose you."