II. Date Me

I threw myself down in the red plastic chair across from Micah, tossing my bag on the ground and pulling out my lunch. It was fourth period and I was ready to go home during first, and the hunger didn't help my grumpy mood.

"Someone's happy," my other friend Cora mused.

"Shut up," I grumbled, shoving my white bread sandwich into my mouth.

Cora was basically a goddess—with fair dark skin and luscious hazel hair, it made her piercing grey eyes stand out. Not to mention her model figure; long legs, skinny, curvy in all the right places.

Man, was I jealous.

Besides the fact that she had strict parents that wouldn't let her date and braces. She absolutely hated her braces, and her parents made her get them so late into high school to hold off any oncoming boys. They knew she was beautiful, but they wanted her to stay pure and innocent.

As if a couple of braces were stopping those horny teens.

She grinned, taking a seat beside me. "So, I saw you with a certain someone in the morning."

I choked and groaned simultaneously. "Fucking Micah decided to chase me down the halls and next thing I know, I'm stuck in a closet with Asher Cole. It was nothing." I shook it off, finishing up my sandwich quickly.

Micah gasped. "You're welcome! I gave you seven minutes in heaven with God!"

I flashed my middle finger at him. "Suck my dick."

"I would love to, but only if it's yours." A voice popped up in my ear. I jumped and turned around to find Asher.

"What do you want now?" I groaned.

"A date," he simply said.

I blinked. "A date?"

"A date."

"Why?" I was skeptical. Guys like Asher didn't go on dates—they went on beds.

"Why not? Live a little for a change!" He smiled, silently challenging me to choose between being lame or being adventurous.

"Or I could just, you know, tell the whole school about what happened in the janitor's closet." I carefully chose my words, avoiding my friends' curious stares.

He scoffed. "Okay, and I'll tell them what 'really' happened. Who do you think they'll believe?" He grinned, knowing he just won the entire conversation.

I rolled my eyes. At this point, my eyeballs would break and be inverted permanently. "Fine, but only if you do it properly and better." I crossed my arms, satisfied. I still didn't understand why he wanted to do this.

"What is this, High School Musical? You're not Taylor McKessie, don't make Chad over here work for it," Cora snorted.

"It is what it is, Cora," I said lazily.

"Wait, you're serious." Asher scoffed. "I don't have to work for a girl. They would kill to be in your position, you know," he exaggerated.

"You don't have to have me then," I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Playing hard to get is the oldest trick in the book, but it's working," Asher groaned. I snickered. "Fine, give me your number and I'll try harder." He begrudgingly held his phone out for me to take, and I swiftly inputed my information.

I handed his phone back to him, smiling. "There you go, Asher. Have fun!"

He rolled his eyes and swaggered away, re-arranging himself to seem like the school's "bad boy who doesn't have to chase after any girl he wants".