Depression Takes Over Me

*A week later*

As I woke up, and did my early morning stretches, I happened to look at my cell phone. It said "One new notification: Voicemail from a blocked number."

Usually, I don't pay attention to blocked numbers, but I had a feeling that it could have been my parents calling me, so I clicked the voicemail. It said "Hey... Abbey? I'm not sure if this number is a hundred percent correct, but... I must tell you that something has come up. After five days of your mother and father being on the ship, the ship engine, somehow... broke, and the ship went down in the water, and killed... your parents... Their bodies were found, and there will be a wake on June 19... I'm sorry for your loss..."

I ripped all my posters off the wall, screamed so loud, probably Mars can hear me, put holes in the wall, and cried my heart out.

I don't even know what to do anymore....

June 19, was tomorrow. I don't even know if I can even glance at them... There would be too much pain.

Just sitting there... knowing that there wouldn't be anymore: family game night, mothers famous baked ziti, bike rides with dad, movie night, hugs, kisses, anything....

I'm also... a only child.

I do have life savings, and my mom and dad's life savings that they were gonna give to me. I am 17, so I think now is the right time to have it...

After my overthinking moment, I walked down my beige carpeted stairs, and grabbed a bowl of cereal, along with my photo album. This album contained so many memories... that I could treasure... forever. A tear came to my eye when I saw a picture of my dad holding me. Smiling. Later on I saw the same picture, only mom holding me. I closed the album and put my head down, and cried some more. I don't know how to break free from all of this pain. It's like a tug of war, except the pain is winning.

*A day later*

As I woke up, and did my early morning stretches, I then grabbed my phone again and thought about that voicemail, and how much it hurt me. It still does.

I grabbed my dark and depressing funeral outfit. It was a white, long sleeve blouse, a black pencil skirt, and black high heels. It really brought out my dark side. I then after that, curled my hair, did my makeup, and left. I knew how to drive, so I just took my car, since that was the only car left.

It was a black Ferrari. A nice one too.

I drove it appropriately to the funeral home. A bunch of people were there. My family, I'm thinking some people from my dad's office, and my parents friends. All of them were dressed up. The people from the funeral home, told us to come inside. That's where I saw there bodies... in a casket. A cold, golden, hard casket.

There faces looked so... normal. I held there hands a said "I love you.", but this time, they can't say... "I love you too."

I knelt down, and prayed... prayed that everything is going to be okay.

And that's when I walked away, in sadness. Depression.

I attended to their funeral too. The wake and the funeral was all the same day. I cried so hard when the people closed, and locked the caskets. I just.... I just... couldn't take it.