At Least He Tried

"So, I guess I need to look pretty?" I asked, looking in the cat-shaped mirror hanging on her wall. 

"You don't need to be pretty for people to love you." she looked up and down me as if scanning me for weapons. "But, you're drop dead gorgeous according to people on your vlog so I think we have this argument covered."

"I have a vlog?" I asked, looking over at her phone. I had 98 followers, and people kept calling me gorgeous. I had a bit of an ego boost, but I was still embarrassed that other people thought I was pretty. 

"Yes, yes you do." Alluka laughed as she flipped the next page. "What about fluffing and retreating?"

"Fluff....and...retreat? Where have I heard that?" I asked.

"YOU HAVEN'T. What you do is you fluff their ego, then retreat. This will leave them wanting more time with you, making YOU be on their mind until they see you again! Sounds flawless!" Alluka cheered. 

"That's really embarrassing, Luka!" I whined, looking at the pictures of happy princes and princesses. 

"But it works. And now's your perfect chance?"

"W-wahhh, what are you doing?" Alluka lifted me up by the armpits, carried me over to the doorway, and slammed the door behind me. I could hear a faint "good luck" from behind the lock. 

"Everything okay, Killua?" Gon smiled, approaching me with a plate of eggs. 

"Y-y-yea. I'm fine. Oh, by the way, your..... your hair looks... extra spiky....today."

That was a FAIL. 

"Umm, thanks? Here's some eggs I made. Let's leave for the Great Tree around 3:00, okay?" He laughed. 

"Yea, yea, sure... sure... thank you for you... I mean... thank you for the... the eggs. Yea, the eggs." 

GOOD GOD I WAS A MESS. 

I turned around, eggs in hand, and ran back into Alluka's room.