before. - ix

n i n e

"Katy! Holy shit, guess what?" Aiden asks me excitedly, cupping my cheeks as he looks at me.

"What?" I giggle, finding it cute whenever he gets all excited.

"You'll never believe what just happened." He says, his eyes full of happiness and excitement.

"What happened?" I asked, grabbing his hands so I could somewhat calm him down so he could tell me.

"Uncle Dresdan just called and he's practically handing his guitar shop to me." He exclaims, his hands still cupping my cheeks. We both scream out of excitement and glee, feeling so happy for him. He told me that ever since he was ten, he always wanted to have his own guitar shop. I'm so happy for him that he finally got what he wanted. His lips-- soft, warm, and comfortable-- crashes into mine, making fireworks explode in my stomach as my heart starts beating quickly. I kiss him back as I close my eyes, standing on my tiptoes as I do so since he's practically towering over me. My arms wrap around his neck as we continue to kiss, my lips spreading into a grin. His lips tastes like watermelon and cigarette and his dark hazel eyes makes me feel like I'm home. I feel his hands travel to my hips, adding to the intensity of this fire blazing inside of me.

Our lips part eventually, both of us breathing heavily as we catch our breaths. I never wanted to stop kissing him, not wanting his warmth to ever leave, but I know we have to. We have to part so we can breathe. But, Oh God, he's like the oxygen in my lungs, like the blood in my veins. I can't live without him. My mother always told me that I shouldn't give anyone that power over me, but I can't help it. I know it sounds cheesy, but that's all I could think of. I couldn't explain this feeling he gives me, this fire he ignites inside of me. He smiles at me and I smile back, my heart pounding in my chest.

"I'm so happy for you." I tell him, pulling Aiden into a tight hug. He hugs me back, wrapping his protective arms around my delicate waist as he rests his head on top of mine.

"I love you." He mumbles, placing a kiss on forehead. I smile, looking up at him and stare into his eyes.

"I love you too." We both stay silent after that, only the sound of our breaths audible as we look into each other's eyes.

"I still can't believe he's giving me his guitar shop." He begins to speak, breaking the comfortable silence. "I mean, that guitar shop means so much to him. What if I'd fuck up? What if-" I press my finger against his lip to silence him.

"Shhh. . . You're not going to fuck up, okay? I know how much you love that shop and I'll help you with running it. It won't be so hard, right? We're doing this together." I tell him, smiling as I finish speaking. He grins widely, his dimples popping out like the always do whenever he'd chew, or speak, or smile. I'll always love his dimples and I'll always love Aiden. Always.