Chapter 9

When you arrived to the hotel you that night you couldn't believe that this was real life. You were engaged to the man of you dreams. Looking down at the engagement ring, it was a beautiful rose gold color with a big, but modest diamond. You knew that the ring was not cheap, Aaron must have caught you staring, "You must really like it" he pointed out.
"I love it and I love you," you said wrapping your arms around Aaron's body.
"I love you to," Aaron said, kissing your head.
The two of you remained still for a while, embracing each other. Aaron always gave the best hugs, he was warm and his touch was comforting. He felt like home to you.
"We have to facetime my parents and tell them the exciting news," you said, looking up at him.
"Okay, you set up the computer. I'm going to change real quick," he said, referring to clothes he had been doing interviews in.

"Aaron, you almost ready?" you called.
"Ready," he said emerging from the enormous bathroom of the suite you guys were staying in. Aaron was now in sweatpants and a Fresno State T-shirt. You sat in a chair facing the computer, while Aaron stood behind you, his hands on your shoulders.
You excitedly pressed the call button and waiting for you parents to answer.
"Y/N!" your mom exclaimed when she answered the phone.
"Mom, we have exciting news for you. Get dad on," you said.
When both your mom and dad were on the phone, you brought your hand to the screen showing off your gorgeous engagement ring.
"She said yes!" your dad said.
"Wait, you guys knew?" you asked your parents.
Your dad nodded, "Yes, Aaron asked for my blessing, plus we saw it on National Television," he added.
You smiled, turning around to look a Aaron, "you asked for my dad's blessing?"
He grinned looking down at you, "of course I did."
"And you said yes, Mr. Protective Dad?!" you asked your dad.
"How could I not? He makes you so happy and is nothing but respectful, and loving to you..." you dad said, "...he's the future son-in-law every father wish they had."
"That's very kind of you, I promise I'll make her the happiest girl in the world," Aaron said.
"You already have," you said.
"Then I promise to continue making you the happiest girl in the world forever," Aaron gushed.
"Okay, you guys are too cute. I'm really happy for you two" your mom said.
"And congratulations on winning the Home Run Derby today, we were all rooting for you" you dad added.
Aaron blushed, "Thank you, thank you for everything actually. You guys have been nothing but kind to me."
"Thank you for making Y/N so happy," your dad said.
"Well, we should let you two kids go. We will be cheering for you in the All Star Game tomorrow, Aaron!" your mom said.
"Bye, I love you guys," you said.
"Love you!"

You turned to Aaron, who was now sitting down, "you are too good to me."
"What?" he asked.
"I can't believe you asked for my father's blessing," you answered.
"That's a good thing, right?" Aaron said.
"Of course," you replied, swinging your legs to straddle his lap.
His hands found your hips, as he rested his head on yours, "I remembered when you saying that you wanted your father's blessing."
You smiled, "That was forever ago, our one year anniversary to be exact. I can't believe you remembered."
"How could I forget? I knew even then that you were something special," Aaron replied.
You smiled, your lips finding his in a sweet and gentle kiss. Your hands were in his hair, while his were on your waist and the small of you back. Aaron tasted provisionally as his tongue danced across the bottom lip. His lips moved down your neck, you let out a small moan as he did so. Aaron's lips moved back to your lips, his kiss seemed much softer after this time, pulling away "Let's get you to bed Mrs. Judge," Aaron picked you up carrying you to the bed.
You smiled as he laid you down, "I could get used to that."