5

When I got back to the tent sunset was starting to approach. I quickly realized that there were at least 10 doctors who were watching me. I knew this because when they saw me emerge from the house I heard a cheer over the bullets.

By the time I was back almost every doctor was outside watching. When I reached the tent they already had a stretcher waiting. I was glad to be able to lie down. There was a large amount of blood coming from my broken nose and I had scratches running along my arms. My eye was black and throbbing as well. I was in an immense pain, every bit of my body seemed to shake with each quick heartbeat. As soon as the few doctors operating on me were done inserting my stitches I was asleep.

I woke very late at night, or early in the morning, I wasn't sure. Everything still hurt but it was to a lesser extent. It took me a few seconds to finally comprehend what had happened in the past few hours. When I did, I sat up sharply, I sat there in amazement. I couldn't believe I had so heavily mangled someone's arm. In another flash of reminiscence, I remembered the girl in the house.

Though I knew it was crazy, I still felt like something needed to be done. I gathered another set of my medicines and medicinal instruments and headed out of the door. The crisp air chilled me and the small drops of rain crept under my fleece Doctors Without Borders sweater. I shivered and picked up my jog.

Although there were still gunshots firing off in the distance, there were no snipers or militants that I could see in the creeping moonlight. Though it was still creepy; Aside from the gunfire and the slow raindrops there was no other noise. The silence was enveloping my surroundings as well as myself. It amplified the crunch of my boots on the gravel. It seemed to