The Elementals

Introduction:

Alex

I live in a world of elementals and humans. Humans don’t like us because we can do things that they consider evil. I have been taken away from my twin sister, when we are together our power is stronger but that only makes our energy force stronger so were able to be found easier. When we are apart our power is weak which makes Sarah weak, When we were born I was not alive, my father took half of her life and absorbed it into me so I could live, doing so turned her hair white with only streaks of her natural black color in her hair. The opposite happened to me I got black hair with white streaks. However I’m strong enough to do whatever I like as long as I don’t use a lot of my powers at one time.  So our father separated us. With Sarah being weaker than I it was more critical for her to stay in the darkness home land until we find the force that will heal her. But I also have some secrets of my own, some that even Sarah don’t know of.

Chapter 1: The Scar

Sarah and her cousin, Dmitri was climbing up mount Storm.

 'Watch your footing,' Sarah said inside Dmitri’s mind.

 "You know it’s not that hard to say it out loud." He said sarcastically.

 "I know, but I’m trying to practice. Be more than a princess of the dark." She said with a sigh.

They finally reached their destination: The field of light.  The field of light is where all of the light elementals come from; this is the place where there is always peace and sunshine. But to get there you must be a light elemental or be occupied by one or the Light god will not let you through, you’d be falling down the mountain blinded by bright rays of light if you tried to enter. Every element has its own special Palace, where their element is formed, but you can’t enter without the element, reason being because if you have the element then the gods can heal you and restore your power.

“That’s why I wanted to come here” she said, out loud, as she found a soft patch of golden grass to lie on. “This place makes me feel alive you know? I would do anything to have to have some power to bring light to the world and not darkness and misery all the time. Don’t get me wrong I love the dark but sometimes it’s nice to have a little light in my world too.” Sarah spoke softly to her cousin.

Dmitri sat beside her and put a hand on her shoulder. “I’m sorry; I wish I could do something.” He said with a sigh.

 Sarah sat up and brushed the grass with her left hand. A piece of glass sticking up cut her hand as she let out a yelp. She held her hand in front of her, a blanket of blood quickly covering her palm. Pain filled her hand and wrist, the wound was going to need stitches. She tried to heal herself but in the field of light her powers was useless since darkness was the opposite of light. Opposite powers are not allowed in other territories. Like fire and water, or air and earth.

“Oh My Gods Sarah let me see your hand.” Dmitri gasped. He grabbed her hand and put his own on top of hers.

 “What are you going to do? I didn’t know light element could heal?” Sarah said grinding her teeth at the pain of his hand touching the wound.

“Yes we can but I’m still a beginner. Be quiet please.” Dmitri said so quickly that it came out in a blur.

 He closed his eyes and concentrated. There was a flash of yellow and gray light coming from their inner-locked hands. Slowly she started to feel a tingling senstation on her palm, His power seeping into her wound as it healed slowly from the inside out, her whole arm felt numb as the skin pulled back together closing the wound. He let go of her hand his power quickly draining. But his strength was quickly restored by the blessings of the God's watching them from afar keeping their light elements safe and healthy inside their palace. There was a faint yellow grayish glow around Sarah. She looked at her hand the cut was gone but in the place of it was a silver moon, a scar from her cousin.