1/1

The frosted window felt cool under her finger tips as she grazed them slightly along the surface of the glass. Her eyes roamed around the white blanket of snow that had embraced the town. Not even a single soul was found enjoying it. In her eyes, the town was perfect. Empty, soulless and serene. Leaning closer to the window, she let her breath come in contact with the cool glass causing a small mist to appear on the surface. Letting out a very small chuckle, she leaned her body back against the wall, her eyes never leaving the outside world. Her skin mimicked the color of snow; white and ghostly. Eerily beautiful. her blue eyes which resembles the deep blue ocean were the only color left on the pale white canvas. Her once beautiful, red and plumped cherry lips were now similar to the Sahara Desert, dried and chapped. Her flashy and curvy body has been replaced with just bones and skin.

Unknowingly, a smile crept up her face as the sight of the familiar red head came in sight. Her eyes followed his every step. His strides were long and bold, brave and confident. Everything she wasn't. without realizing, the fluttering in her chest grew and for that very brief moment, her porcelain like skin was stained with a kiss of pink as the man took a sit on the bench which was directly facing her. she cocked her head slightly, examining the man. His bright red hair contrasted to the white background. He had really strong features. Beautifully structured nose and prominent jaw paired with thick and full lips. He was gorgeous. He was cloaked in black from head to toe. A cup of warm liquid and a fairly thick book was in his hands. 'The Book Thief'. She recognize that book anywhere. It was her favorite. As he flipped the book open, she could faintly see the contented smile creeping up his face. How she wished she could run out into the cold winter day. To be right next to him, doing the exact same thing. Unlike others, they were the only two souls who seemed to enjoy the accompaniment of the cold. But as for now, only one of them got the privilege to enjoy the serenity of the peaceful cold. She was too weak, too frail. Too broken. The many different tubes connected to her body made her feel disgusted. All she ever wanted was to be free.

The tiny smile that was plastered on her face faltered, replaced by a large frown as the tips of her eyebrows kissed. All the momentarily happiness and excitement she felt were harshly brought down by anguish. She hated how she was trapped in her own dull and lifeless room like a caged bird. She hated her condition. She hated being lonely. She hates it all. Bringing her sickly bony hands up to her face, her eyes began to sting as tears slowly clouded her vision. She was in so much pain, she couldn't even feel anything anymore. Her feelings had been switched off. She was numb again. Her knees were brought up to her chest as a huge drop of tear streamed down her cheeks and landed on her tacky night gown. With tear stained face, she rested her chin on her knees and placed her palms on the cool glass.

Emerald green. Those were the words that entered her mind as her eyes flickered across the park, unexpectedly meeting with another pair of eyes. She could feel her breath hitch as her lips parted slightly, emitting a gasp. Those green eyes were boring into her blue ones. A second passed. And then another. Fear started to ignite in her as it finally dawned on her that she has been caught. But before she could turn away, and enthralling smile formed on his lips, catching her off guard once again. Without a second thought, she swiftly pulled the curtains together, engulfing her in darkness. Her eyes were wide as saucers when she realized how hard her heart was beating against her chest. As she sat frozen, the constant ringing of the doorbell caused her head to snap up.

It couldn't possibly be him. Right ? Her head began to throb the moment she gt on both her feet a little too fast. Almost losing her balance, her hands supported her back up as she used the walls as her guide. With the IV drip connected to her body, she took slow and wary steps, pushing  the metal rod which the IV bag was hanging from. As she reached the door, her hands lingered on the wooden surface before stopping on the door knob. The moment she was about to turn the knob, the ringing stopped, along with her actions. She waited for any sign to show that someone was on the other side. With her heart still pounding loudly in her ears, she creaked the door open slightly. Surprised with the presence of no one, she opened the door wider. Her head craned out to see if there was any sign of anyone when a flash of red turned around the corner. Before she could react, he was gone. Her tensed shoulders now slumped in disappointment.

As she was about to close the door, a small flap of pink caught her eyes. Reopening the door, she found a small pink paper taped onto the door with a piece of sweet. The moment she saw the content, the smile that was previously brought down found its way back up her lips.

"Hi, my name is Mark :-)"

Funny how something as small as this could spark something between two different souls. A new beginning of a new chapter has just began.