Reunited

You and Daryl grew up in the same neighbourhood. You were a year going than him but that didn't matter.

The two of you were best friends, inseparable. One day, you got a "letter of acceptance" from your dream college. You had always been wanted to go to it. The only downside to it all was that it was in California, which meant you'd have to leave your parents, home, and Daryl.

You decided to wait a couple of days to tell Daryl.  2 days had passed walked out of the house to tell Daryl. He spotted a.m. you and gave you a hug. He was happy to see you. He notices that you're upset.
"What's wrong?" He sounded worried. You sit him down and take a deep breath.
"I'm leaving in a couple of days" his smile drops. "I got a letter, I'm going to that college I've always wanted to go to" Daryl gives you a confused look, he knew you wanted to go to college but he doesn't understand why you have to move.
"Why do ya have to leave?" He questions curiously.
"The college is in California Daryl, that's what I wanted to tell you" You sniffled. You looked up at him and saw a tear slip out of the corner of his eye. You reached out and wiped it away, you hold his face this your hands and kiss his forehead, he grabs your hand and holds it in between his face and his hand. He pulls you in for another hug, not wanting to let go.
"I'm gonna miss ya Y/N" Daryl sniffles. You play with his hands.
"I'm gonna miss you too Daryl"
Although Daryl is upset that you're leaving in a couple of days, he understands that is what you have wanted for a while, therefore, he is happy for you.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day that you have been excited about, but mostly dreading quickly arrives. Daryl gets up earlier than usual so he can come with you to the airport. The car journey was quick and quite. Daryl holds your hand for the whole ride. Once you get to the airport, you have to wait 30 minutes until the plane starts to board. You sit down with your mum and Daryl. There wasn't much conversation, just small talk. You was still holding Daryls hand.

Your plane is about to start boarding, you had 10 minutes. You was about to give the women your ticket. You looked behind you and ran into Daryl's arms. You started to cry into his chest. He lifted your chin with his finger so your eyes met his. He slowly started leaning inwards towards you and you did the same. You shared a short, cute kiss - your first kiss. As you're about to leave, he grabs your hand and gently kisses it. You say your final goodbyes and have him and your Mum one lash hug before getting on your plane. You quickly found your seat. You look down at your hand and realised Daryl had put a necklace in it. It was in the shape of a love heart and said "I'll always be with you". You smiled at the thought and instantly put it on. You happily fell asleep, with Daryl on your mind.

3 and a half years later

Even though you finished college after 3 years, you decided to stay in California for an extra 6 months to explore. You was walking back to your shared flat, you started getting weird looks in the street because you was playing with the necklace Daryl gave to you the day you left. You really missed Daryl and your parents, so you booked the next flight home, to Georgia. You told your mum and Dad that you was coming home and that they couldn't tell Daryl, so you could surprise him. Your dad said he would pick you up from the airport in time for when you land.

Your POV

I'm so excited to see Daryl! I've missed him more than I thought I would. I can't wait to get home to see him and my parents.

——————

Your plane starts to land. As soon as you get off the plane you get your stuff and look for your dad. You final spot him and give him a hug. You get in the car and start the journey home. You and your dad thought it was best to talk about California when you was also with your mum.
You arrive home, your dad pulls into the driveway. You duck your head down and sneak into the house, just in case Daryl spots you. You walk through the door to be greeted by your mum, she pulls you in for a warm hug and you all sit down at the dining table. The three of you sit their, you tell them all about your time in California and your experiences at college. After about an hour, you decide to go and find Daryl.

Daryl's POV

God, I really miss Y/N, I have never missed someone this much in my life. The day she left to go to college broke me, I stayed in my room for weeks. But I realised that Is was her dream, and she was finally living it. This made me happy, knowing she was doing what she loved. I went outside to work on my new bike. I looked at Y/N's house. Her dads back, wonder where he went. I had her working on my bike for a bit. Suddenly I felt someone cover my eyes with their hands. They whispered in my ear.
"Guess who" My heart stopped for a second, it was Y/N. I turned around to see her beautiful face. I had never been so happy.

Your POV

I looked through the window and saw Daryl working on a motorbike. I went out through the back door so he didn't hear me. I snook up behind him and covered his eyes with my hands. I whispered into his ear.
"Guess who" I said with a smile on my face. It felt so good to see his fave again. He turned around and hugged me instantly. We stood their hugging, when he finally let go. He held my hand and intertwined our fingers.
"I've missed ya so much, I can't believe you're here" He said, smiling as if he was the prettiest man alive.
"I've missed you too" you said with happy tears in your eyes.

                        ——————
You and Daryl walked to yours and his favourite place, the meadows. You both laid down, catching up and talking about everything. After a bit, you looked at the time on your watch. It read 12:53 AM. You and Daryl started heading back to your neighbourhood.
After a good 15 minute walk, you arrive at your house. You hug Daryl. You stayed their, embraced in each other's hug. You break apart and you look up at him and he gives you a kiss. Like the last time you saw him. This kiss was different though, this one was passionate and full of love. You both pull apart for air.
"Night Daryl" you say quietly, as it it 1:20 in the morning. He kisses you softly on the forehead.
"Night beautiful, see ya tomorrow"
You smile at him and and walk up to your bedroom. You see that your parents had unpacked for you. You take your shoes off and quickly fall asleep. You hadn't been this happy in years.