Chatpurr 8- How Life Could Be

What everyone's wondering is, "What happened to the make-up in the last chapter?" I have no answer for you. How long has it been now, 9 months? I started watching BBC's Sherlock.

Wow, what kind of a crap chapter is this? I tried to make the bromance real. This trashy fanfic will be on AO3 as soon as I figure out how to work the dang thing. Tbh the quality stuff is there (so why am I trying to post my stuff on it? Lowers the overall value of AO3), but if there's anything on Wattpad better than there it's the ease of formatting from Google Docs.

Okay, Marin unpause.

 "Um uh well you know-" Marin fumbled for an excuse, eyes darting around the room for a diversion. His eyes landed on the multi-screen computer system that took up the majority of a wall. Maybe it was just him being biased towards golden haired individuals with striking green eyes that resembled Adrien, but the lady smiling out of the three screens may have been the most beautiful Marin had ever seen.

"Is that your mom?" He asked before he could stop the words from popping out, voice hushed. Adrien blinked, following the path of Marin's eyes.

"Huh? Oh... yeah..."

It was like everything softened. His voice, his eyes, his smile, but all with kind of sadness. Marin felt his own mouth stretch into an awkward line. Maybe it was a bad idea to bring her up. Better change the subject quick.

"Sh-..she's beautiful!"

'Wow, Marin! Way to 'change the subject!'' he thought dryly.

"Isn't she?" Adrien walked over to Marin, leaning an elbow on his shoulder. Marin gulped.

"Everyone thinks she's dead," his eyes suddenly turned hard, but he didn't seem to be looking at the pictures anymore. Something past it. Something beyond. Marin shifted uncomfortably under Adrien's arm.

"You don't?" his voice cracked.

"No."

His eyes were blazing green now, like the flames of a lab they'd done earlier in the year where they had burned boric acid... why was it that in chemistry he thought of Adrien, and when Adrien was in front of him he thought of chemistry?

"She just... disappeared. They never found a body. There was nowhere to look. Until I see it, with my own eyes, I will never stop believing that she's somewhere out there. And she loved us. Me and my dad, before he became so... immersed in his work," there was a flash of something in Adrien's eyes that Marin couldn't quite pinpoint.

"I'm gonna find her, Marin. I'm gonna find her, and I know that just having her back won't make things go back to the way they used to be, but..." He trailed off, lost in thought, eyes glaring at something Marin couldn't see.

'Man. What am I supposed to say after something like that?' he cleared his throat, tentatively placing a hand on Adrien's shoulder.

"I believe you. And I'll help you. I mean- if there's anything I can do to help- ...I'll do it."

'Not because I like him, but as someone who's there for him. A friend... A good friend. Maybe even a best friend.' The awkward line of his mouth set into a determined one.

Adrien stared at him for a long moment, as though seeing something he hadn't seen there before.

"Thanks, Marin," he finally said, arm slipping off his shoulder, "Wow, sorry about that. I'm supposed to be teaching you Chinese, not declaring my life goals. Let's have some tea after all. It'll help us both concentrate. What kind do you want?" he walked towards the door, turning back to look at Marin, who seemed... disoriented.