Chapter 3

I close my eyes and let go of my clasp on Tsubaki's shirt. I pull away from our hug. My eyes open to a squint. "Black☆Star is everything okay?" Tsubaki asks me

Oh I now realize tat my cheeks are burning. As my eyes flutter open I say "Yeah, when you said yes, I suddenly realized..... That I'm in no condition to date. I mean, look at me, I'm filthy."

How stupid of me to admit the lack of clensliness

"Then how about taking a bath!" She suggests.

That hit me hard. The corners of my lips form a fake smile."Okay, I'll go now"" My bathroom isn't faraway from here, the kitchen. Just through the living room,into the hallway, take a turn and Tada I'm here. I gently open the wooden door and stepped into the bathroom.

I turned the nozzle to my shower, and as expected the water poured out into the tub.I stripped myself of my clothing, one piece at a time. By the time the water was filled, my clothes were officially off. I step in and sink under letting the boiling water warm my bare flesh.

My thoughts, they switch to the scenes that happened today. I sink in deeper, thinking about the eloquent words Soul said today. My hand reaches the soap, my head dunks under the water and I rise again. My wet hair rests at my shoulders as I rub my soap bar into a scrunchie and scrub my intire body. I once again rest in the water while I wash the soap out of the scrunchie.

Tips, love, sadness It all runs through my head.

I squeeze shampoo over my head and lather it in. I repeatedly scrub my hair until

It's time to rinse. I prefer ducking my head in the water. So I do that and come back up and suck in a lungful of oxygen.

Now that I'm done, I pull the drain plug,exit the bathtub, and wrap a towel around my waist.

I walk out of the bathroom closing the door behind me. Then I go to my room, where I grab a pair of boxers and p.j.'s. I sit on my bed and start dressing myself. With my normal pajamas, my hunter green no-sleeved shirt with my gray pants. I can also feel the natural star-shape in my hair coming up again.

The heat from the water is starting to take effect on my eyes. Putting me to sleep. I fight the drowsiness and pull out my iPad Tsubaki got me for Christmas. Then came Soul's birthday. Oh no, I'm not to be thinking about him. Then, I push the button at the end to turn it on.

I scroll through the pictures in my album that I downloaded from my SD card in my camera. The pictures were mostly me and Tsubaki, me and Soul, Maka and Soul,and Kid and Liz. Man, I bet they're married by now, while I sit here with a ring in my bedroom drawer. I don't have enough courage tanks her.

Then I come across an extra friendsy photo of me and Soul having a friendly high five. I feel a moisture escaping my tear ducts. A smile forms across my lips. I miss him. Suddenly I was banging my head on my headboard.

I'm not thinking about Soul and his damn party! I find my iPad cracked on the floor. Ignoring it, I swing the covers over my head, smothering myself in the heat.

Tomorrow will be better.

Soon the sleepiness got the best of me, and I now I'm fast asleep

My dream starts like this:

It's all basically a mixture of what I was thinking about.

I was standing there in the middle of a totally empty room, no one was in there except for me. Then, Soul faded in and said "Your it, catch me if you can," to me it sounded like a challenge. But to someone more mature it would sound like someone appealing to play tag.

I ran anyway, I now realize we are kids. Only five-year olds playing tag. So I try to catch Soul in anyway that I can,. Up and down the white trail. But, he's too fast. He's pretty lazy as a teen, but energetic as a lad.

I tumble onto the ground, as Soul comes up in front of me "You lose, I win," Then he giggles like a baby would.

"You jerk" I tell him "You cheated,"

"How did I cheat?"Soul smirks "It's tag there's no way to cheat."

"Ummm," I try to fit the pieces into this impossible puzzle.

"This obviously means I'm faster than you" he teases "You can try again next time, Ill always be here in the empty room. There's no escaping ill always be here."

"This is my dream" I correct "That means when I wake up you'll be out of my life forever, It's just one dream there will never be another like it, you understand me baby Soul!"

"You don't understand," he says with a chuckle "What your doing now, you'll remember it even when you wake up, you'll remember it in a month, you'll remember it when you DIE," when he said 'die' he made an x with his hands and dramatically pulled them undone, "bye bye," he laughs "Black☆Star"

I wake up startled, hoping to never have a dream like that again