Prologue

Journal Entry #1: “I Will Never Prosper in Life”

Dear Daydream,

My name is Malie. Malie Eloise Kawai. Just thought I'd introduce myself since I will be telling you all of my thoughts and secrets. Keep in mind that I am… not the most positive person you've ended up as a thoughtful gift from their grandmother. Don't be scared though, I do have good days too. It's just that I have a harvest of thoughts on my mind I am too afraid to share with anyone else, is all. I'm not one of those lucky people who has friends to vent to so… here I am. Befriending an inanimate object with fluffy clouds decorating its cover, therefore giving me the idea to name you ‘Daydream’ in the first place.

Miserable, I know.

Daydream, I have a question. Do you think I would ever be as enriched as my grandmother? Or will she spend the rest of her life caring for her lousy, good for nothing granddaughter and her two kids?

The reason why I ask is because… well, I don't want to say who, but someone long ago had told me more times than I could keep track of, that I am useless, a waste of space and I will never amount to anything. D̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶?̶ I'll leave it up to you to decide the more we get to know each other.

Hey, you're still here. I guess you're willing to stick around after all. Thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedule to listen to me ramble.

Until next time,

xoxo 💋

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, SunsetCandles here!

Welcome to Decide to Rise; my first book I published on Wattpad! I do hope you take interest in it and would leave comments whether you're enjoying it or not, here or there. Thank you for stopping by!  🤗❤️

P.S

I know it's a weird day to post, I have yet to make a writing schedule, but I'll be sure to alert you guys as soon as I agree on a day to post!

Adios!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Text copyright © 2017 - 2018 1SunsetCandles9

Illustrations provided by: Google

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.