Chapter 5: Let's Get Personal

Brandon's P.O.V

Alexandra is the definition of a fine ass girl. Her eyes are like two beautiful pools of golden light brown and hazel mixed together, her lips look so pink and luscious that I wanted to kiss her right then and there, her smile is the type of smile that can light up a person's day in seconds, her hands are so small and soft and delicate because I am currently holding her hand without her noticing..I don't know how that is possible but it just is. And that ass..damn she actually caught me staring a few times, but it's that ridiculous.

But something seems to be wrong, like she has a bad burden on her back. I can sense her aura. Her smile can show that she's been through a lot of shit, but only people who have been through the same tough shit can recognize it. For example, I can see it because I had a hard life, but that's a story for another time. Right now, I need to get to know Alexandra, so I'm gonna play a little game called "Let's Get Personal".

We arrive into Starbucks and we both order Caramel Frappuccinos(spell check) with extra whipped cream and Caramel on top.

I lead her to a window seat and we sat down, across from each other.

"You know you're really nice", Alex says out of the blue.

I look up at her and smiled. "I mean, did you expect me to be mean?"

"Well..."

"Be honest, Alexandra."

She sighs in defeat. "Yes, I did actually."

"Why?"

"Because I never got to hang out with guys like that.."

"Why? I mean there's boys everywhere, and not all of us are the ultimate asses."

"I know, I know. I just have a lot of things on my plate that have to be dealt with rationally right now that I don't wanna talk about."

She might want to be dismissive of the subject, but no. I'm gonna dig a little deeper to the root of the problem.

"Alex, if you want to know something about me, it's that I'm not a dismissive guy. If I want to know something, I will get to it one way or another. So you might as well tell me what's bugging you now because I will eventually find out and force you to talk about it", I say honestly, taking a sip of my drink, and continue ", I'm not taking no for an answer. Other people might, but I'm not as gullible as they are. I see you've been through some shit, in fact rough shit, like I have."

She looks up at me. "You've had a rough life? You seem so..."

I smile bitterly. "Spoiled? Yeah, bet you didn't expect pretty boy to have a hard past."

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean you are so nice and kind. It's really hard to tell with some people. People who usually go through it are often mean and bitter until a person discovers the reason why."

I mean, I understand if she thought that, I was wearing name brand fly shit. Gucci Belt, Rollie on my wrist, Jordan concord lows, True Religion Jeans, a golden chain, and a backwards OBEY hat.

"I know my appearance throws you off, but I finance everything myself."

"You do?", she asks surprised.

"Yup. I live alone now, so yeah."

"Wait...how old are you?"

"18", I say nonchalantly.

"I'm 17 and I do, too. Well, with my boyfriend."

I smile. "I'm here for you, Alex. I know what's it's like for you to feel alone and abandoned."