서막 (Prologue)

Playlist Medley at the media section :">

warning: this is not edited

============

"Well, I think I'm qualified for this job because I have the qualities you are looking for. I am passionate enough to do my works effective and will do every--"

"Okay thank you Mr. Kim, we shall call you again if you get accepted"

"But Ma'am--"

"MR. KIM... We shall call you. Next!"

Flustered, the man, Kim Donghyun stood up and bowed to the interviewers. He walked towards the door, exiting the room with a heavy heart. It's been approximately six months since he graduated from the university but he still didn't have any luck in getting a job. As much as he wanted to finish that answer, it was very obvious they didn't really wanted to hire him anyways.

He makes his way to the elevator and pressed the button to the lobby. As he walks outside the building, he heaves a sigh. "Again huh..." he decided to just visit a cafe nearby and have something to warm his stomach reduce the headache he had been feeling.

"One hot latte please" He immediately said as soon as he arrived in front of the counter like it was habit of his. "Coming right up" The worker smiled at him. He took the receipt and the buzzer, he found a sit in front of a window which has a clear view of the busy street.

He observes the people outside. A lot of them are in their office attire. Some of them are holding their phones seems to be talking to some client or whatever. All he knew is that, he was envious. Why hasn't any opportunity came to him yet? He couldn't understand. His friends back from the uni were messaging him in kakao on how they have been doing and complaining how it was tiring to go to work. Despite that, he wanted it too. He wanted to feel becoming independent. And to him having a job was the first step. He wanted some experience too.

His train of thoughts were snapped when the thing he was holding started to buzz signaling that his order was ready. He went to claim it and walked outside, joining the busy street. He felt the warmth from the cup as he slowly sips from time to time as he walked.

His eyes wandered everywhere, checking shops he passed by, observing some random  people again.. It was still around noon he didn't have anything to do so he just headed to the park.

When he arrived, he felt betrayed when he saw a lot of couples everywhere. He was taken back a little. A thought suddenly came to his mind that was it not a good choice to come there. It was autumn, he just figured out that this time would be perfect to go out with someone.

Well he was too lazy to move to another place so he just brushed away those thoughts and sits on a nearby bench. He sips again from the cup only realizing it was close to losing its warmth. He finishes it and threw the cup into a two meters away trash can near the bench.

"Asa~! Three points!" A kid passed by and snickered at him. Kim Donghyun, again was flustered. He just now realized that he looked really stupid back there. "Aish" he cursed under his breath.

Sure thing, when the weather gets cold, a cup of coffee loses its warmth faster with nothing to warm it up again. Donghyun felt specially colder today.

A memory slips to his mind. He wasn't suppose to be thinking about him right now. He was already doing fine. He was very close to forgetting him. He had a lot of other things to think of and he didn't have any time to think about him. Get over it Kim Donghyun!

Just then, his phone goes ringing. Donghyun who was startled, rummaged his coat's pocket and found his phone. He slided the answer "Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Mr. Kim? Kim Donghyun? We are to inform you that you have been accepted to Brand New Engineering and Architectural Firm. The contract is ready and you can come to the office this coming Thursday to sign it..."

Donghyun's face brightened up and his heart tingles. It was the moment he waited for so long. "Umm... hello? Are you there? Mr. Kim?"

"Yes! I'm here! Thank you very much! I'll make sure to come on Thursday! Thank you so so so much!"

With that, Donghyun couldn't help but smile. He pumps his fist in the air.

He was about to begin something new in his life.