- two -

"Polo on me, lot of horse power. Past women I am done with them."

Essence Davis

I woke up to Dave's arms wrapped around me tightly

I woke up to Dave's arms wrapped around me tightly. Not too tight though, in a way it made me feel secure, I guess.

I slid out of his bed to go to the bathroom and do my hygiene because I'm pretty sure that my breath stinks like crazy.

After going to the guest room to grab the rag and toothbrush Dave had given me last night, I handled my business and headed toward tge laundry room where he washed my clothes from yesterday, since they were wet from the rain.

_______

Now, I'm fully dressed and ready to go out the door. I didn't want to wake Dave up from his sleep because he looked tired.

"Where you going?" I turned around to see him leaned up against the threshold, staring at me.

It made me feel uncomfortable because it felt as if he was staring at the cuts and bruises I obtained over the past few days. In all honesty, I felt ugly. My self confidence was at an all time low.

"I have to go home, thank you for letting me stay here for the night, you didn't have to do that." I thanked him before flashing a small smile.

He was quiet. It seemed like he was thinking.

"Okay, I'm about to get ready so I can take you home."

"But-"

"Nah, I don't want to hear any buts. I'm not finna let you walk somewhere and it's cold as shit outside. Fuck I look like? He remarked, with an attitude.

My head immediately dropped because I was embarrased. His statement made me feel uncomfortable because I hated when people spoke to me that way, but I can never stand up for myself.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely can fight, I just choose not to most of the time because I hate it.

I heard Dave walking towards me but I didn't move because I don't want to look him in his face.

He placed his index finger under my chin and used it to lift my head up a little bit.

Staring into my eyes with his cat like ones, he really made me nervous. I tried to look down again, but he brought my head up again.

He looked at me as if he was challenging me to look down again, but of course, I complied.

_________

"Thank you." I looked over to the driver's side of David's truck and began to pull the door handle before he stopped me.

"You welcome Ess. Let me get your number." He spoke while looking me over, licking his lips.

"I don't have a phone."

He furrowed his eyebrows and rubbed his beard, I guess he was confused on why I don't have one.

"We gone have to do something 'bout that." He spoke smoothly in his deep voice.

"I don't ne-"

"And I don't care, like I said, we gone see bout that." He shrugged his shoulders.

David definitely had an attitude on him.

"Okay."

"Come here." He waved me over before getting out of the car.

He pulled me into a hug, placing his hands at the small of my back as his YSL cologne filled my nose. I swear, the smell made me melt into his arms even more.

"I'll see you later." He let me go. Immediately, I feigned for his warm embrace again.

I nodded and slightly waved bye before walking towards my front door. David sat in his truck watching me, making sure that I got in safely.

After locking the door, I peeped through the window next to it and watched as he drove off.

"Who is that?" I heard from behind me.

Before I could respond she punched me in the mouth, making my teeth cut the inside of my lip, leaving me with a bloody mouth.

"Stop being fucking grown. I know who that is, don't feel special. Cash don't go for ugly bitches like you." She spat with so much hatred.

I shook my head in defeat because I already knew it was true.

_____

Quick Update because I haven't updated 💙