The Beggining

It is the dead of night when Simon Lewis arrives at the Hotel Dumort. As he enters, he notices the hallway is lit by black candles, whose scent is enchanted rose.

Simon walks along the dimly lit corridor, using only his memory to navigate through the maze of hallways, hoping to locate the reason for him coming to Raphael Santiago.

Simon has been seeing Raphael for months now. Raphael might have seemed scary at first, but once they had been seeing each other for a while, Simon saw past his big and bad exterior and learned he was really sensitive and caring.

As he walked into the den, he was immediately engulfed in a hug. Raphael pulled Simon into a kiss, their lips interlocked in a passion-filled kiss. They'd only kissed once before, on a hot starry night, under an old oak tree, on a hill.

Simon wrapped his arms around Raphael's waist, smiling slightly into the kiss. Raphael broke the kiss, moving his mouth across Simon's neck. Before deciding on a spot, he bit gently into Simon's neck, draining his blood slightly.

Raphael had to admit: Simon's blood was unlike anything he had ever tasted before, the rich, delicate taste and the intoxicating scent. Simon was enjoying this.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. Damon, the hotel's night security guard, walked in,  not expecting to walk in on the head of the clan and his mate the daylighter as the rest of the clan called him. Damon would've had a heart attack if he had been alive. raphael and simoon sprang apart both blushing like crazy. The funny thing is even a dead person can blush if mbarrassed by something. raphael grabbed simon by the hand and led him to his bedroom. raphael pulled simon into the bed and curling up with him as the sun began to rise. simon decided to sleep today as he had not been sleeping very well seeing sas how vampires are supposed to sleep during the day. simon snuggles closer to raphael wrapping his arms protectively around his loving mate. he yawned and closed his eyes drifting slowly into a comfortable sleep.