CHAPTER 6- FIRST DAY AS A MURDER DETECTIVE

LILY'S POV

Today was the first day at the new office. I could have never have predicted all that could happen in one day until today.  

It all started when I went to my old office to collect my old things. I did not have much at my old desk, just a couple pencils and photos. Then it was time. Time to break up with Max.... I just didn't know how to do it. I just went for it and went into Max's office.

"O hi Lily did you finish collecting your things" Max asked as I entered the room.

"Yes but I have one more thing to tell you before you leave" I answered him.

"O me too" he told me. 

"Ok you first" I told Max. Why not let him tell me one last thing before we were over and I would never see him again.

"Lily, we have been together for over 8 months and I am in love with you." That just hit me like a bullet. He loves me. And I wanted to break up with him. Why did he have to tell me that he loved me right before I would break up with him and he would be out of my life forever. I did not know what to do. Max was just staring at me, hoping that I would say that I loved him back. But there was just one problem. I don't love Max. I just wanted everything to go away. I did the only thing I knew what to do at that moment and I cried. "Lily whats wrong love?" Max asked me as I fell to the floor. I did not have it in me to answer. He hugged me and started to kiss me all over. I pushed him away and did what I had come to Max's office to do. 

"Max what I came here to do was break up with you. It just is not working out. I tried my best but I just couldn't. And I am sorry that I let are relationship go so far that you could love me. I am just really sorry." And with that I walked out of his office and slammed the door, as Max called after me trying to change my mind. But I did not look back. I just walked right out of the building to my car like a badass. 

 My old office was only 10 minutes away from my new office so I was there shortly. Zach was already waiting for me. I told him about how I broke up with him, the WHOLE story. Zach took that chance to what he told me he had been waiting to do for a while.

"Lily I have a question for you" said Zach.

"Ask away" I told him.

"Will you go out with me Lily" he asked.

I quickly answered "I would be honored." We both smiled. Zach was the greatest friend I had so it was only fitting for me to have said yes. We were together now. I just could not wrap my head around it. Zach and I were a couple. Not just friends, a couple.

ZACH"S POV:

I just asked Lily out. FINALLY. We were a couple. My life just got so much better! Now it was about to get even better because I am now a murder detective!

MAX"S POV:

Lily just broke up with me. I can't believe it. After all I have done for her. That bitch! I chose her to become a murder detective, I gave her special treatment, I was willing to switch offices for her, and I even told her I loved her. And how did she repay me you might ask? SHE BROKE UP WITH ME! I am heartbroken which is why I made it my goal to get Lily back. I drove the 10 minutes to her office and walked in. What did I find when I walked into the office? Zach asking Lily out. My woman. AND LILY SAID YES!!!!! I broke down crying. 

LILY"S POV:

OH NO! Max just saw me say yes to going out with Zach. I didn't even know Max was there.

"How could you do this to me" Max asked me.

"I'm sorry but I just don't like you like I like Zach." I felt like crying. Zach saw that and took me in his arms. Zach is so sweet and boy were his body hot. His abs were just TO DIE FOR. Before I knew it Max came over, grabbed me and started pulling me with him. Luckily Zach, my saviour, went up to Max, punched him in the mouth, and told him to never come back "or else". 

Max ran off and Zach looked pretty proud of himself. I was proud of him and before I knew it I was kissing him on the lips. We kept kissing until our new boss came and interupted us. He gave us our first case. He told us his name was James. James told us that "we should not show our relationship in the office." BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

Zach and I took our first case and looked it over. It was of course a murder case! A man named Theodore Blech was murdered and left in a dumpster. He was hit twice in the head with a cement, square like object. That was all we had on him. Zach and I went to the dupster (the crime scene) and looked it over. There was not much to see since most of it had already been cleared. So our next stop was the crime lab where the body was.  Let me tell you, dead bodies are NASTY! They smell and are all beat up. Luckily it is not my job to examine the body. We went to talk to the lab people so that we knew what we were dealing with. The lab is like a murder detectives best friend. They help you with EVERYTHING. The lab told us what the murder weapon was and where it might be found. The murder weapon was some sort of cement tray. If only we knew where to find that. But that is the fun of the job.

Our office already found our first Suspect. It was the victims wife, Mrs Blech. Her and Mr. Blech were having some issues. He was filing for a divorce while she wanted them to stay together. They were seen physically fighting many times. She had a broken arm from one of their fights while the body shows that Mr. Blech had a black eye and a sprained wrist. We questioned her and her alibi was a little fuzzy so we were able to keep her locked up for a day.

Our second of three suspects was Theodore Blech's best friend, his name was John Toyo. The weird names that we get around here! John told us that he would never kill his best friend. But as we found out the two were having buissness issues. Theodore was earning $20,000 more each year, and John thought that Theodore was stealing from their buissness. He said that that money did not matter and their restaurant was going perfectly fine. Again John does not have an alibi, because he was home alone on the night of the murder.

Our third suspect was Theodore's Ex wife, Carla Jeculu. They got divorced over 2 years ago and have not been much of friends since. Theodore had a restraining order filed against Carla, she was ordered to stay 100 feet away from Theodore at all times. Carla was aperently stalking Theodore. This was our strongest suspect. She claims that she was shopping at the time of the murder but she did not buy anything to prove her alibi. Carla tells us that Theodore and her were ok and that they were going to get back together once he divorced his wife Mrs. Blech. While Carla told us this Mrs. Blech told us that the restraining order was filed only a week ago.

This was a very hard case. After interviewing each of the suspects we went out to each of our suspects homes, looking for a yellow cement square tray. Before we could get out to look at each of the homes, the day was over. Being a murder detective is fun! Tommorrow we can hopefully find out which of our three suspects murdered Theodore. I don't have any idea who it is but I'm hoping that we can catch the son of a bitch who killed this innocent man.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HI EVERYONE! WHO DO YOU THINK KILLED THEODORE? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. SORRY TO LEAVE IT OFF AT A CLIFFHANGER BUT IT JUST SEEMED RIGHT WHEN WE WROTE IT. HOW ARE YOU LIKING THE STORY? PLEASE COMMENT SO WE CAN MAKE THE STORY MORE ENJOYABLE!! WE HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY! WE ARE GOING TO WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON. WE ALREADY HAVE 30 READS, WE KNOW THAT IT DOES NOT SEEM LIKE A LOT BUT IT IS TO US. PLEASE KEEP READING, VOTING, AND ENJOYING-- YOURS TRULY, SOPHIE AND BELLA.