Chapter 2 (An Outlandish Being)

Theo waited for his tea to finish He got two mugs and filled them with tea. He grabbed the mugs of Tea and walked back into his living room. Theo saw the girl sitting up on the couch.

“Niglish,” she said.

Theo raised an eyebrow in confusion. She got up, grabbed his arm and cleared her throat.

“Hello.”

“Um...Hello,” Theo replied.

“Who are you?” She asked.

“Uh...Theo,” Theo replied. She just stared at him, and looked around.

“Have you seen Ziggy,” she asked.

“Who?” Theo asked.

“Hm, oh nevermind,” she replied.

“...And you are?” Theo asked.

“Zelfa,” she replied, “My name is Zelfa.”

“Oh nice...can you let go of my arm now?” Theo asked. She dropped his arm.

“Thank you and I hope you don’t mind me asking, what the heck are you?” Theo asked.

“I am what you humans call, an Extraterrestrial, or an, um, Alien. Is that right?” Zelfa replied, questioning herself.

“That’s right but I kinda guessed that you were an alien,” Theo said. Zelfa looked outside the window. It was getting late, and the moon was coming up.

“Why is it red?” Zelfa asked.   

“What...oh I totally forgot, tonight is the night of the Lunar "Eclipse,” Theo said.

“A lunar what?” replied Zelfa turning back to Theo.

“A Lunar Eclipse is where  Earth lines up directly between the sun and the moon. When this happens, Earth blocks the light from the sun to the moon. Earth's shadow then falls on the moon. This is an eclipse of the moon. It is called a lunar eclipse. Zelfa stared at him dumbfounded.

“Ok then.” Zelfa walked over to the door and walked outside.

“Hey wait where are you going?” Theo said following Zelfa.

“Looking for Ziggy!” she yelled back.

“Who?” Theo asked.

“My Kubi,” she replied.

“...You're what?” Theo asked.

“UGH! My pet!” Zelfa replied.

“Oh your pet, what species is it?” Theo asked.

“A Kubi,” she replied looking under a bush, “You know pink and striped. Black… boot like things I guess, and black spikes.” Theo stopped and stared at Zelfa.

“What are you talking about?” Theo asked.

“Nevermind, he has pink and purple stripes, help me find him,” replied Zelfa. Theo shrugged his shoulders and started to help Zelfa search

“ZIGGY!? HELLO!?” yelled Zelfa cupping her hands around her mouth.

“Um...SMALL KUBI THING” yelled Theo. There was a rustling in the bushes. Zelfa walked over to it and reached her hand in the bush. There was a chirp as Zelfa pulled out a strange looking creature.

“THERE YOU ARE, ZIGGY!” Zelfa yelled.

“What - what is that?” Theo asked.

“It’s Ziggy!” replied Zelfa.

“The heck's a Ziggy?” asked Theo. Zelf stared at him in worry for his memory.

“He is Kubi! MY PET!” she replied.

“Well I know that but, what is a Kubi,” said Theo.

“It’s Ziggy,” replied Zelfa. Theo rolled his eyes knowing he’ll get nowhere with her.

“So… Ziggy where were you?” asked Theo.

“Grape!” Ziggy said.

“So...Grapes?” Theo said.

“Grapes,” said Ziggy.

“Ugh, Zelfa what does he mean?” Theo asked

“He can’t talk full sentences,” Zelfa replied. Ziggy crawled up her arm onto her shoulder and sat there. Zelfa handed him a grape, and he didn’t hesitate to eat the grape.

“Grape!” Ziggy said excitedly.

“Well, now we have your...Ziggy, why are you here?’ asked Theo

“Oh yeah, that reminds me! Have you seen my pod?” asked Zelfa.

“Your what?” Theo asked confusedly.