prologue 1.

Since the day Lennox McCall was born, her family knew that something was wrong with her

        Since the day Lennox McCall was born, her family knew that something was wrong with her. For the first year of Lennox's life, she never stopped crying. No matter what her family did, she would constantly cry and point at the air around her.

When she was two years old, her mother noticed that every morning when she would wake her daughter, Lennox would have new small scratches appear on her legs and arms. This concerned Melissa McCall, however her husband Rafael did not seem fazed by this and simply told his wife that she probably does it in her sleep.

Scott McCall, who was only one year older than his sister, always felt the need to keep her safe. This is not an uncommon thing for a brother to feel, except for the fact that as Scott and Lennox grew up, he noticed how terrified she always seemed. Nobody had any idea what she was terrified of since the young girl never breathed a word. Seeing his sister constantly scared made him feel a strong urge of protectiveness towards her.

Like the great brother he was, every night before Lennox went to sleep, Scott would give his sister a big hug and tell her how proud he was of her. Lennox would say nothing and instead smile widely and hug her brother with all of her strength.

The McCall family noticed a change in Lennox once Stiles Stilinski became a part of the picture. When Scott brought his new best friend to his house for a sleep over, he immediately introduced him to his sister.

Stiles had smiled brightly at the three year old girl in front of him and let out a loud "Hi". Scott had stood in pure shock when he heard a small "Hi" emit from his sister.

Stiles did not realize that this was the first time his friend had heard his own sister speak, the first time anybody heard her speak. Stiles came over all the time after that.

Over time, although still shy, Lennox started to talk more and more. She started to feel more comfortable talking to her family. However this came with a price.

For the next two years, the McCall household would wake up almost every night to the sound of the young girl screaming viciously from her bedroom. Melissa would rush into her daughters room, finding Lennox kicking at the air terrified. All her mother could do was hold her and whisper to her that she was safe in her arms, her son watching on with worried eyes. 

In those two years, Scott wasn't allowed to have sleepovers at their house anymore. Melissa had tried so hard to get her daughter to tell her what was going on, but failed every time.

Then one night while her mother was holding her in her bed, Lennox finally got the courage to tell her mother whats been happening to her.

"Mama?" Melissa looked down at her daughter and hummed in response.

"I'm so scared of them. They hurt me. Please make them go away" Lennox whispered, tears gathering in her eyes.

Melissa immediately grew concerned and softly asked her five year old girl, "Who baby?"

Lennox looked up at her mother with pure fear and exhaustion in her eyes and whimpered out,

"The dead people"

☾ ☽

~ Hello my beautiful people I am back and I've brought a new book with me! I've had this plot line in my head for a while now and I'm so excited to finally write it. There is a second prologue after this one which continues from the last sentence, so to speak. I hope people will actually read this so if you do please let me know what you think! xx