Discover

Even though Jimin woke them up to keep going, it was still dark outside. It had to be very early that morning, no later than four, and they were already up and about, once again.

Jungkook really wanted to go back to sleep, in hopes that his "dream" would continue. However, he misses out on the opportunity so that he could put Jimin's interests before his own. And if that meant getting up at the wee hours of the morning, then so be it.

They were still walking, holding hands because of the everlasting darkness. Their hands were slick with sweat, but Jungkook did not care. It was comfortable for him. Reassuring. To know that his favorite hyung was there right beside him through all of this.

Jungkook just wished that Jimin was there for his "dream" as well. Two minds could be more beneficial in that situation.

Jungkook debated whether or not to tell Jimin of what happened to him; why he wouldn't wake up right away, but he decided against it. He wanted to make sure that Jimin would have nothing else to worry about while in this situation.

So, Jungkook used this time to contemplate his situation. Apparently, he could only visit in his dreams? So it must not be real?

Why did everything look so real then?

Jungkook felt his hand compress under Jimin's. He snapped out of his trance to look at him, even if he could not see him.

"Jungkook, I've known you for what has felt like forever. What's wrong?" Jimin asked him sternly and Jungkook knew there was no way to avoid this question. Even if he did, Jimin would probably ask him again and again.

'I guess it's no use... I have to tell him...'

Jungkook stopped, bringing Jimin with him, which caused Jimin to stumble back, flat against Jungkook's chest. He wanted to let go, but Jungkook's arms enclosed around his body.

"Hyung... I had a strange dream last night..." Jungkook started, and Jimin shivered, wondering what kind of dream he had.

Jungkook held onto Jimin tighter as if he was going to lose him. Jimin seemed to read his actions and said, "Jungkookie, you know I'm not going anywhere, right? I'm always going to be here."

Jungkook responds before thinking, "Then why weren't you in my dream. I was so frightened. I thought I was never going to see you again. Or any of the others. I couldn't live like that. I couldn't live without you."

Jungkook's chest heaved up and down and Jimin could feel his heartbeat against his back. Jimin heard a sob leave Jungkook's mouth, and that was all it took.

Jimin sat Jungkook down on the ground, placing himself in between his legs and embraced him tightly. He put his hand on the back of Jungkook's head and brought it to his shoulder. His other hand rubbed soothing circles on Jungkook's back, trying to ease his sobs.

"I'm sorry, Kookie," Jimin soothed Jungkook. After a little while longer of the same position and a few more comforting words, Jimin asked, "Can you tell me about your dream?"

Jungkook told him everything. How he found the meadows and the old man with the carriage, how he went to the city, and found a castle. The king, who almost had him killed for lying. And now, he was stuck in a room. And most importantly, how he wanted everything to go back to normal and to be with his hyungs again.

Jimin probably thought he was insane.

"...And it all felt so real, Jimin. So, so, so real. I think I must be going insane." Jungkook started to shake.

"Here, We can stop for today. You seem really restless and confused. Maybe a little sleep can help."

"But, what if I get stuck there again, and I can't wake up, even if I wanted to," the thought itself made Jungkook shiver.