Chapter 3.

Dastard Forest.

King Albert was laying on his bed in a small tent deeply absorbed by his thoughts. As a king, he had served many years for the welfare of his kingdom. He tried his best to keep everyone happy and sated. Never did he ever let any danger harm his kingdom. He had everything he ever wished for, a beautiful wife, Queen Calista, a powerful young son, Prince Lycidas and a beautiful yet strong daughter, princess Ennata.

He was a great warrior, he had never lost a battle. But now the prophecy was coming true, Shambhala was in great danger.

"Your Highness",  Eric called out from outside.

King Albert got up, picked up his sword and went outside. He saw his army was finally settled down.Everyone was busy setting up the tents, there were almost 20 tents for the Naticudes. Some were trying to light a fire while others were busy patrolling. He didn't know if all this was worth it but this was the only way to get rid of all that was happening.The Naticudes were equipped with heavy weapons in case of an attack from the Maladroits.They were all safe, he thought.

"Are you sure this is safe? " asked Eric. Albert could feel the panic in his voice. Eric was the head of the army. He had been a loyal and wise Commander. He is the one whom Albert can rely upon after Tom.Eric had a strong muscular body.He could fight 100 men even at this age but right now he was afraid as well, afraid of the consequences.

"I don't know whether it's safe but we have come too far to think about it now.", answered Albert.

                               ***

The light was thundering as the clouds continued to ramble. The weather was Chilly.  Two men could be seen standing at a distance. One of them stood with a sword with a malicious grin on his face while the other one lay on the ground with blood gushing out of his chest. He had cuts everywhere on his skin. He was badly bruised.

"M-My heir will t-take my r-revenge. " the man stuttered and shut his eyes.

Noah woke up. His hand went to his forehead which was covered with sweat. He was breathing heavily. He looked around and saw the others, they were still asleep. He tried to calm down but failed to. There were many questions running in his mind. Was it a dream? It felt so real, he thought. He had never seen a vivid dream like this before. He tried to think about those two men. He had never seen them before either. He rubbed his eyes with his palms. He pulled the curtains aside, there were still a few hours left before dawn.
After a few minutes, the carriage came to a halt. He heard someone walking towards their carriage.

"Get out, we've reached." said Tom as he pulled the curtains open. He was looking much better now. His features were more clear, he must have been handsome in his youth, Noah thought.
Hearing Tom's voice Linnie woke up. She caressed her brown hair and jerked Peter awake.
They got out the carriage. Noah saw Gred who was already standing outside. It looked like he didn't sleep last night. He mouthed a hi to Gred but he ignored and went after Tom. Soon Cassadee and Pharrell too came out. They all started walking.

"Where do you think we're going?", Peter asked while walking.

"I don't know. The thing is, why are we going with Tom.", Noah replied.

"Does it matters who we are going with? " Linne snapped from the back.
Noah stopped and turned towards her.

"Of course it does silly", he said in a kiddish way. Linne frowned at him, he ignored and kept on speaking,

"Isn't it weird? Tom always stays with the king so why is he with a bunch of kids in a forest leaving behind the safety of the king?", he said, now with seriousness in his voice. Peter raised his eyebrows looking amused with his brother's smartness. Noah saw Gred and Cassadee walking in front of them. He hurried towards them and pulled Cassadee back.Gred didn't notice, he was preoccupied with his thoughts.

"What?",  she cried.

"What's up with him Cassie? Why is acting like this?",  he said while pointing towards Gred. Noah was furious at him. He accepted his mistake but Gred too was equally involved in the plan. In fact, it was his plan to steal his father's sword for safety. Now he is acting innocent which made Noah angry.

"Give him some time, you know about Amos and his relation. He's guilty. It's not you who he's angry with it is him. He is angry with himself. This incidence will just increase their differences.", said Cassadee, she sounded sad. Even Noah felt bad about it. He never wished for it. He knew about Gred and his father, he felt sorry for him.

"I know but.. " he stopped as he saw where they were going. The place was full of tents and Naticudes. There were other people too who were cutting down the trees, some of them polishing their weapons, others were lighting a fire. The place was full.                                                      
He then saw King Albert their standing with a few Naticudes. They all looked very frightened. But what is he doing here in the middle of the forest instead of his palace?  Noah asked himself. It was really confusing. All of this. Tom going with them, King here in the forest, what the hell was going on? He thought. Noah saw Tom walking towards the king. He bowed in his honour. He said something in his ear.
As soon as he finished, Albert looked straight at him. He kept his gaze fixed on him. It made him nervous. He realised he had peeled off the leftover skin on his lips and blood started to come out. He wiped it off with his hand. Albert looked away and went inside his tent which was the largest of all.

"So you all will help us? ",  a plump man spoke. He had only a few hair on his head.

"Yeah, we don't have any other choice.",  said Peter.

"Then what are you waiting for? A special announcement? Come with me", he spat. Peter frowned at him.
Noah saw Cassadee, they both grinned. They followed him, he led them to a place full of trees which they had already cut. He could see at least twenty people making bundles of the heavy trunks and carrying them to elephant carriages. Even the elephants helped in carrying them.

"So what do we have to do?",  asked Noah.

"You three cut down the trees. " he said pointing towards Noah, Gred and Peter.

" You can help tie them", he told Pharrell.

"You girls, um, you all can go to the kitchen and help prepare food.",he said and went away. Cassadee and Linne went away.

"Alright then, let's get started",  said Peter and picked up an axe from a wooden box kept in front of a tent. He started cutting the trees. Gred too got started. Noah had things running through his mind. He couldn't understand the reason behind cutting so many trees. They never did that. Everyone in the village worshipped the nature. Even if they had to use the resources they paid offerings to the gods in return but right now no one seemed to be worried about it than him.

"When are you planning to start?",  he heard the plump man shout at him.

Noah picked up an axe and started cutting a tree. But after a fraction of seconds, he started feeling nauseous. He dropped the axe and held his head in his hand. His head started throbbing badly. He fell to the ground and everything went black.