Chapter Eight: Freedom

Terra was awoken the next day with the sun hitting her face. Her face was dried with tears and her eyes were puffy.

    She immediately got ready and wore a simple dress with her hair in a bun. As she was eating, there was a knock on the door.

    "Who the hell would want to talk to me now?" Terra asked.

    Terra walked towards the door and unlocked it. Standing there was Jake.

    "Hi," Jake said sheepishly.

    Terra leaned over and kissed him. She didn't let go for a long time. She had missed him so much all throughout last night. But now he was back.

    "I missed you so much," Terra said afterwards.

    "I did too," Jake agreed.

    "So what happened? Are you charged with anything? What's going on?" Terra asked.

    "I'm fine. They took my side and they charged Thomas with burglary," Jake answered.

    "Oh my goodness," Terra said.

    "In the end, I am ok," Jake said.

    "He deserves it," Terra replied.

    "Well, yeah. He's a horrible person that had to be stopped," Jake said.

    "I'm so glad you're here. I kinda went crazy. And we're out of ice cream," Terra said.

    "Oh. Now what can I enjoy that's cold and flavorful?" Jake asked.

    "Sorry. Hormones kinda got the best of me," Terra apologized.

    "I went a little crazy. I couldn't sleep. Literally. There was no bed. The floor was uncomfortable," Jake replied.

    "I don't know what it would be like to be in jail," Terra said.

    "It isn't fun at all," Jake replied.

    "I can tell. I just hope that Thomas never shows up again or else I would have to go to jail for murder," Terra said.

    "We could go together," Jake said.

    "And be just like Bonnie and Clyde," Terra said.