Chapter 9

"Hello?" Blake said through the phone. "Uncle Zakaia, I need your help."

         I walk to Blake praying that this Acheri can't get into my house. Blake looks over to me and puts the phone on speaker.

         "Blake what's going on?" I hear his uncle's concerned voice on the other side.

          "I need information on attacks that's happening to my friend. There's a- "

          "Wait, wait. What do you mean someone is attacking your friend?!"

           "I mean there are creatures attacking my friend and we are trying to find who keeps trying to kill her." Blake said in a matter-of-fact tone.

           "What kind of creatures Blake?" His uncle was more serious as Blake was trying to explain the creatures and what had been going on for the past few days. His uncle was silent the few minutes as Blake looked at his phone determined that there had to be an answer that his uncle could give him. I wasn't sure how his uncle could hold the answer about the events that had happened. I mean, he was only a reporter for the underworld. He took events like what was happening to me all the time, sure, but he only really reported the aftermath of those events in chronological order in his papers so that the world would be more aware of how their were forces at work.

            "I don't think that I would have an answer Blake. I haven't had any cases related to any power reaper lately."

           "What about before lately?" I jumped in before Blake could say another word. Blake looked at me with a disapproving look. I just shrugged with a 'what' playing on my lips.

           "Who are you?" Zakaia asked.

            "I'm sorry sir, my name is Richelle and the friend that's trying to get attacked for who knows what reason. I don't even understand why anyone would be trying to go after me. I mean for one, I don't even have..." Blake covered my mouth before I could finish my sentenced and he hit mute before letting go of it.

           "Why did you do that for?"

           "You can't say anything about you not having your powers yet." Blake said frantically.

           "Why? How come?"

          "Because Ricky. I hate to break it out to you. My uncle is an underworld reporter. He may just post a paper about how you don't have any powers and then you just won't be a freak to just the school but a freak to the whole entire underworld community. You can't."

          "Oh.... Right. I didn't even think about that. I just thought..."

          "Your life was endangered? Yeah I know what you thought but you can't tell him that. I trust my uncle but not with a big piece of information like that." Blake was right and I knew that but I couldn't hide the disappointment in my face. I really didn't like that I had no powers and that I was just some freak. I also didn't like that I couldn't tell anybody outside of Blake and my family that I didn't have any powers. His parents didn't even know that I was powerless. We hadn't gotten to that conversation and I was hoping to avoid that at all cost.

          "Hello? Hello?" Zakaia repeated over the phone. Shit. Blake unmated his uncle from the phone.

          "I'm sorry. I just meant that I just don't see why they are after me and want to kill me. I haven't done anything to piss anyone off. Well not intentionally."