Chapter 3- Did You Just Call Me 'Mommy?'

Marinette POV
"Did you just call me 'Mommy?'" I asked the blonde haired girl that was picking up her brother.
"Good question...Uh, did I just call you Mommy?" I eyed the girl.
"You tell her. Ask her what her name is," the small boy asked his big sister.
"What, why do you want to know that?" I got in defensive mode.
"Marinette, don't be a slacker. Do your job!" My mother yelled from across the room.
"Yes Mom! I'll get these kids out of here first," I decided it was time for them to leave, they were probably spies.
"Wait! What's your name?" The girl asked me. I pointed to the sign.
"Marinette Dupain-Cheng,"
"Isn't it Marinette Dupain-Cheng Agre-" The girl shut her brother's mouth.
"Stop! You've done enough damage already, Hugo," I thought about the name as I shut the bakery door. What a coincidence that two kids show up and call me their mother but one of them has the name I chose for my dream child with Adrien. Ha, the universe is mysterious. I returned to help in the kitchen.
____________________
Hugo POV
"Emma, why did you do that? She could've helped us!" My sister shut my mouth.
"Enough! You're interfering with the past. We're supposed to let things go naturally, so we can't meddle, but dad might be able to help us," she said, walking towards the mansion.
"You just said that we can't come into contact with anyone here!" I moved my baby arms, trying to get my hypocrite of a sister to listen to me.
"Yes, but dad might understand us better..." I hit her as hard as I could with my little fists of fury.
"I could just as easily say the same thing about mom!" She stopped.
"Huh? Why did you stop walking...?" I trailed my sentence off, realizing I hit the wrong spot.
"I know, it's silly that I have a strange connection to dad. But, I love him and I'm not willing to give up. If all goes well with him, we know we can definitely go to mom for help," she spoke with a different tone, softer than usual. Is this the side of her that I didn't know about? If so, I'd have loved to learn more about her.
"Emma..." I groped her tightly.
"Awwww, this brings back memories. Five-year-olds aren't so smart!" She tickled me and I giggled.
"But I'm actually-ten! Hehehe!" She laughed with me until we reached the scary looking building.
"How are we supposed to get inside?" I asked her.
"I don't know? I think I crank this knob thingy-"
"Who are you?" A firm stubborn female voice echoed through the speaker.
"Oh, em-I"
"ABORT!!!" I interrupted my sister mid sentence as she made a run for it in the opposite direction.
"Well, we don't want that lady to know us. Definitely not, especially after what dad told us about her..." I told her.
"Yeah, you're right about that," Emma groans. "Now how do we get to him?" She asked in dismay.
"We signal Plagg of course. Lead him to the cheese!" I pulled a wheel of Camembert out of my pocket.
"Sorry, Em!" I smiled at my surprised sister.
"It doesn't matter. Sooner or later, the scientist's spell is going to wear off of you, and when it does, you'll be your normal self again!" She assured me, as I lazily tried to stick the cheese somewhere.
"What're you doing?! I have a better plan." Something told me I shouldn't have listened to her.