Prologue

Growing up all we heard as children is the stories of people finding their true love and seeing a new color. It wasn't like 'pop' you see a brand new color, no when you met that person you slowly start seeing the color. You might look at the person and notice the new color flash on an object that's been grey your entire life. But the more you communicate with your true love and create a connection with the person, the more you see the new color. As a child I dreamed of meeting my true love and seeing a brand new color that I've never seen before, it was something that kept me going in life. Until my 20th birthday came along, and I still hadn't met my true love. The thing is, most of my friends have met their true love and constantly tell me how wonderful it is to see a brand new color and be in love. It hurts more and more every time I hear the stories, because I'm not like most women. I didn't thrive to find my true love and see a new color, I didn't want that to be my main purpose in life. So after my 20th birthday I started going back to school so I could feel important. Here I am 4 years later graduating pre-med and about to start my residency as a doctor. Instead of chasing my 'true love', I focussed on myself and I'm happy. Yes, I still have a piece of me that gets sad when I look at something and see that it's grey, the longing to see what color that object is drives me mad sometimes. Maybe one day I'll see the color.

Maybe one day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I am so excited to start this story. I have always wanted to make a love story but in a unique way. Hope you enjoy the prologue and soon I'll post the first chapter :)