The Cottage In Nowhere

Chapter 1~ Alice

Loveland. Loveland, Colorado. You'd think with a town by the name of "Loveland" it'd be like the next care-bear movie come to life. But to be completely honest, that's just not how things go. My father thought it'd be a 'lovely change of scenery' for us to move halfway around the country to the small town of Loveland.

      "You're gonna love it here, Alice, I promise" My dad encouraged, noticing my unwillingness to get onto the plane.

       "I loved Jacksonville too" I mumbled, disgruntled by his over-enthusiasm. He merely sighed, accepting his fate in this argument. We took our seats within the crowded plane and I faced the window, plugging in my headphones.

        Within a couple hours, we had reached Loveland and I was overjoyed. Kindly note my sarcasm. Although, I was at least slightly happy to be out of the plane, and the cramped car ride following it seeing as Loveland was clearly too small a town for its own airport. I tried to take note of my surroundings in the car when we got into town. My goldfish-like attention span prohibited me from looking at anything before tuning it out. I did notice a small coffee shop, a library and the high school I happened to be attending. which my father obviously felt the need to point out for me.

       "We're here, sweetheart." My dad mumbled quietly, still fearing my reaction to this entire move. I opened the car door and saw a small cabin looking house. It looked small, but cozy. Hopefully. I grabbed my bags from the trunk of the car and followed him into the house. He gestured up the creaky, wooden stairs.

      "Your room is the second door on the left" He said, dismissing me so he could go unpack in his own room. I proceeded up the stairs and went to the room he designated as my own. I gently set down my suitcase and used it as a pillow..... Might as well start calling myself 'Alice in Loveland'

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hey. Hey That_Odd_Girl. *poke* I did a thingy. Can you tell me how I did?? DID I MAKE A GOOD THINGY?! And to anyone else reading this (no-one) kindly tell me if there are any grammatical errors I made so I can fix them quickly. Comment and tell me what you think, and if this story is even going anywhere or not :D I think that's about it for now. BYE! *two-finger salute*