Cats Out Of The Bag

Narrator:

It was a bright, and sunny day, great for a walk to the secret base. so Yuki thought he'd invite his best friend.

He went to talk to Tohru and was surprised to see her sitting on the porch with a strange look on her face. Confused he walked up to her and asked without startling her...

"Mrs, Honda? Is everything alright?"

"Yes, of course Yuki...why do you ask?"

"Well...you just seem to be acting rather strange lately."

"Am I really that noticeable?"

"Noticeable? What do you mean? Is there something actually wrong that you're actively hiding?"

"Um...c...can we talk somewhere private?"

With a soft smile he nodded. "Sure, how about the secret base?"

With a nod and a flustered sigh Tohru stood and they began their walk into the woods.

Time skip:

The two made it to the base and were happy with what they saw.

"Look Mrs, Honda the strawberries and leaks are ready for harvesting."

"Then we can pick some while we talk?"

With a nod and a smile Yuki plucked a small strawberry off the vine.

"I think I'm in love..."

Yuki's eyes widened.

"W...with who?"

"..."

"Mrs, Honda? If it's me I won't judge, we can still be friends..."

The poor brunette turned a strawberry shade of red in point two milliseconds.

"N...no!! I...I just....you're like a brother to me and I just needed to talk to you because the person I'm in love with may be in love with someone else...and that makes me kind of sad oh!!! But I don't want to seem selfish...ah I'm rambling!!!"

"Mrs, Honda I was only joking." The leaden haired man let out a boyish giggle, turning slightly in his spot in the dirt to better face the brunette.

Tohru looked over to see Yuki smiling softly with a pink tint to his pale cheeks.
The bubbly girl smiled back gaining the courage to admit her feelings.

"It's Kyo."

"I knew it..." Yuki simply stated with a small michivious smile.

Tohru smiled back shyly, then looked off to the side in embarrassment.

"Am I really that obvious?"

"Not exactly. At first I thought it was adoration cause he was the stu....*cough* the cat..."

Tohru giggled as she noticed his sudden change of words.

"So...what do I do Yuki?"

The boy sat for a moment thinking, then looked a little lamely to the side as he suggested...

"Well...I could talk to him for you...try to see how he feels...and I guess you could peep in and listen to our conversation... Or I can just relay the news to you later on...your choice..."

Tohru's eyes widend and her cheeks and ear reddened with the shame of an act not even committed.

"I...I wouldn't feel right if I purposefully eavesdropped on your conversation..."

"It's your choice...well that's all the strawberries and leaks we'll be picking today..." He informed with a small smile.

They both began to stand and dust the dirt from their shins, knees, and hands.