Chapter 1.

'Jona!' - I heard my mom yell from the garden.

We were having a 'neighborhood party' as my parents like to call it, but it was really just my family and our next door neighbors who had moved six months ago. My mother loves to exaggerate things and my father just agrees with her.

We never actually talked with the others neighbors but we liked this new family instantly. They did bring us some homemade red velvet and some candies after all. How couldn't we? They had the same age as my parents and loved the same bands. Yeah, my parents loved music. Rock music. Soul music. Good music.

Back to me, I was looking for my sister's camera. I know she hides it because she doesn't want me to take it but hey, I was just being a good friend. Skye, our neighbors' son, wanted to take some pictures of us and the 'party'. We were already inseparable even though he wasn't so friendly at first.

I guess he didn't wanted the moving in, but what can you do when you're only six? I get him. I wouldn't have wanted to lose my friends either if something like this would have happened to me.

'Jona! It doesn't matter. We can take those pictures any other time. I don't think your mother will be so happy if you don't go downstairs like right now.' - Skye said. Always so nervous. It's not like my mom would do anything to her little baby.

'No, you wanted those pictures now you'll have to wait and let me give you that camera.' - I said while looking at Jenny's wardrobe. Shoes, shoes, nasty looking socks and boom! A box! I could feel Skye tensing behind me so I opened the box and found just what I was looking for. - 'See? Told you it would be around here. It's not like my sister is so smart anyways.' - I turn around only to see my father at Skye's side with a funny frown on his forehead.

'So you think your sister is dumb? Good to know, now can you tell me what are you looking in her stuff?' - his face was serious but I knew how to talk with my parents. They just loved me so much.

'Well, dad, it's nothing strange. See, my best friend asked me to take some pictures of our amazing families and I just couldn't disappoint him, could I?' - I had a cute little smile on my face, I know my ways to charm people. It wasn't that difficult anyways. It's just that I'm extra cute.

'So you guys are bestfriends now?' - he asked. - 'Oh, that's so cute! I'm gonna tell everybody! Now come on your moms are getting a lil bit crazy waiting for you.'

I run a little just to meet Skye and dad. Skye looked me with an amazed little smile. He had a cute face too, he just didn't realized it. We hold our hands as we walked downstairs.

'Finally! We are starving!' - Skye's mom said. - 'Now can we all eat?' - she said with a false exhausted smile on her face. I really like her. She is so genuine and always make it seem like she lives freely.

'Sorry, mom.' - said Skye leaving my hand and going to hug her big belly. She was expecting twins. Skye was so happy when he found out. I think that's what made him calm down about the moving in.

He sat between his mom and dad and I was kind of disappointed because I wanted to sit next to him. Plus the only seat left was beside my brother and he would always make fun of me.

We started eating and between laughs the day passed. Thats how it had always been between our two families. Our parents liked eachother since the first time they talked. Just like I liked Skye since the first time I saw him. We were meant to be friends, I knew it.

Now, ten years later, we are still best friend and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Sososo. That's it. It's short, I know. I just wanted to point some childhood memories to make some things more clear and get to the present.

Please. Pleaaaaase! Comment or vote and just tell me what you think about it.