Gone

I left, I left a place of trees and entered a desert.

I went from a castle to the streets.

The moon no longer resembled light, rather darkness.

At least that's what I see.

I'm lost; vanished.

I am not I.

I reminisce upon myself, taking it back to melodies I used to sing in my room. I rewind the chorus; hear it, no deeply listen; try to understand.

These days are like a blur; blue. My mind is gone like I my self am.

Sitting on my bed, flipping the pages of my textbook; school.

Close; put away.

I lay, look up, listen.

"It lives in my walls and it's under the floor." I was nothing but a young boy full of character. I had no care of the outside, I had no stories hidden away.

Look at it this way, four walls.

I

Gemma

Mom

Dad.

"If this was meant for me why does it hurt so much." I listen on replay, why?

I get it now, I know; I don't. Why?

Years passed with a chorus that haunts me, till this day to me it's unknown.

"A knock at my door, I thought I was alone." Rewinds; concentrates. Once again I listen closely letting the words sink in like wine.

Looking back it was unclear, looking now; it's visible of its meaning. I didn't think I was alone, that knock on my door reminds me everyday that I am alone and I don't have anyone to tell me, it's just the noise in my head that reminds me.

Knock. Knock. knock.

Some live in my walls, family. The ones under my bed are the ones I want out. It's not meant to be, maybe that's why it hurts so much, because nothing is ever meant. The knock on my door is reality reminding me of those I don't have, those I don't need.

Rewind, replay from new. Again, listen and hear for the chorus. Focus, centralize the meaning. "It lives in my walls and it's under the floor. If this was meant for me why does it hurt so much. A knock at my door, I thought I was alone." Made up by the beat; the one that tells you how you feel.

Flashback