Chapter 3

Yo! If you are reading this then the next installment of Lost Nins are up and ready. I would like to take time and apologize for any grievances about this story. So far, as you have read, they are just fillers with massive information dump, but it was most prudent I had to do it. No other choice. The character of Naruto demands so. And about the character interactions, there will be major interactions between the DxD characters and Naruto plus his gang. The rest will stay in the background and will pop up when required. I have given Naruto the resources needed for his use, i.e. a personal army when the situation calls for it. He will not be flinging them making chaos for just shits and giggles.

Story Start.

Enjoy!

Chapter 4

Sirzechs Lucifer fancied himself as a good guy. Considering everything that had happened, it would not be so far fetched. He and his band of friends, namely, Serafall Leviathan, Falbium Asmodeus, and Adjuka Beelzebub had defeated the previous four Satans in the last Civil War in the Underworld and had claimed the position of Lucifer for himself. He had power, prestige, the highest position one could gain in a devil society, a sister he adored, a family; a son and a hot wife to boot. So overall, Sirzechs Lucifer had a very good life. He had worked in the peace making between the other factions so that his people would be safe. He had worked towards the development of Devil society, both Scientific and Cultural, so that his kind could live comfortably. He had done so with the ambition of making devil society as civil as possible unlike their previous state of living where warmongers were praised and peace makers were called cowards. He had abolished the barbaric way of the contract with humans. Making the dealings safer for both parties. He had even found a way to quell their thirst of battle with Rating Games. So all in all Sirzechs was a good guy.

That reason begs a very good question as to why he was biting his nails and pulling his hair in worry as he was inspecting the clearing where the strange energy originated a day ago? Well, because the very clearing was in Kuoh outskirts. Kuoh. As in where his little sister attended High School. So like any nice guy, he was worried for his little sister.

Well, he was not exactly worried by the power surge or the place of origin of the said power surge, no, he was worried because the effects that the energy had left behind. The clearing was brimming with Natural Energy, so pure that the trees there had reached massive heights overnight. The affected area was clearly seen with its heighted canopy. Trees were normally not supposed to grow that much. Sirzechs had seen skyscrapers of that size.

He was not the only one worried though. Serafall was worried.. was, as in past tense. Looking at the woman now, Sirzechs found himself sweat dropping exasperatedly. She was cuddling with a bear. As in a wild bear. Even though considering that they are super powered devils and are much more stronger than a bear, that did not mean they would snuggle with them though.

A few moments ago, Serafall was serious. Sirzechs had not seen Serafall that serious since the Civil War. All it took was one unafraid bear in their presence and she went from a leader of Underworld to Magical Girl Leviatan~.

And that phenomenon was troubling in itself. Animals in that area were not afraid of them, at all. The presence of three Alpha devils did not phase them, they did not even spared a glance. A fact that baffled and eluded him.

'Its as if, they have someone to lean on, someone so great and powerful that even our presence and aura of ours does not phase them. Is the entity that caused the power surge were that powerful that even animals start to lean on them instinctively?' Sirzechs frowned as that thought crossed his mind. He was a Satan, one of the elites of the Underworld, as such he knew how Gods gained supports of humans. Heal a dying person here, a parlour trick there, and make a few lines for your holy book and people will be lining up just to pray to you. That is the reason why the Gods of all pantheneons choose to interact with humans. But to gain leaners in animals, wild at that! was as easy as making pigs fly and was not only unheard of, but would be rather stupid. Sure, some Gods commanded over certain animal species, but because of the special  alignment they hold towards the said animals. Animals work on instincts. And to affect their instincts to such a degree, the entity must have been stupidly powerful. Animals did not trust anyone instinctively. Pets, who have lived their half of their life in the presence of humans do, but wild animals were in a big no-no.