xxv

"jisung... hi."

zhong chenle breathed out as he stood up to greet the late boy, his eyes twinkling in delight.

i waved at him, trying to peek what's inside the paper bag he brought.

park jisung nodded his head towards my direction, acknowledging my presence before facing chenle with a sheepish smile.

he scratched the back of his neck and scrunched his nose as he slightly swayed the paper bag in his hand. "sorry i'm late," jisung apologized. "my mom won't let me go until we did everything on her list."

"and that is?" chenle sent me a glare and nudged me  with his elbow. i know i shouldn't have done that but i'm a nosy little shit and no one can stop me right now.

"groceries, have lunch with her, shopping... those stuff."

i hummed in response and placed both of my hands in my jean pockets, feeling something cold. wow, a coin—no, two coins! nice.

the two then talked about something related to school. i couldn't even bother because i don't care about school anymore, really. i just want summer to be here.

i noticed that their conversation stopped and chenle had handed jisung the bag containing comic books, banana milks and an ice bear plushie. jisung did the same to him.

"i know we couldn't celebrate it properly today because of your hectic schedule with your mother," chenle chuckled. celebrate what? "but happy anniversary."

oh, an anni—wait...

"happy anniversary?!" i glanced at both of them in disbelief. they've been dating this whole time? the two couldn't stop laughing at my outburst and i am not entertained. well, a little...

seriously, i didn't even know they were dating! this is so sudden. "am i the only one who doesn't know about this?"

"no," chenle giggled as he wiped the tears that formed in his eyes. "don't worry, you're not that special."

"what the fuck? you guys have been a couple all this time!"

"lele, we deserve an oscar," jisung placed his arm around the older male. "we did a good job acting."

"there's this café called oscar's," chenle looked up at the younger because of their height difference and it's cute. "you wanna go?"

"sure."

they started walking away from me who was still dumbfounded and overwhelmed about the information. "can you guys please explain how you two got together?"

"cheer up, renjun!" chenle exclaimed. "there's always tomorrow."

then they left me alone in the middle of the mall. fuck it, i'm getting gumballs.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
HELLO OH MY GOD
YOU'VE REACHED THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE BOOK!
i apologize for the delay :( i was too busy fighting my academics and writers block
i'm sorry that this probably wasnt the ending you were expecting. i'm also sorry that it wasn't that long
anyways, thank you for sticking with this book!! i'll probably post a bonus chapter of chensung's text messages when they were planning on fooling everyone
again, thank you so much for stopping by and see you soon!