prologue.

Prologue

Today was the day that my dream college, University of Texas, was coming to scout me out at our biggest game of the season.

At the moment, the entire locker room was silent. On game days everyone knew talking was not tolerated. This was a time to relax and get focused. No phones were allowed at this point, unless listening to music.

I was strapping up my ankle braces, which were a pain since I took them out, and getting into game mood.

Just five minutes until we, the varsity team, would go up against our rival school. This game would determine who is going to the national tournament in Florida.

Finally the buzzer rang indicating the end of junior varsity's game.

Three sets.

They pulled through winning 26-24.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Captains," the ref called out.

I jogged over to the "captains station" as I liked to call it, with my co - captain beside me, Paulina Williams.

"Seahawks, since y'all are the away team you get to call it. Please repeat what they call."

The ref flipped the coin and as it was in the air the Seahawks called tails.

It was head.

Obviously, we chose serve first since I never miss a serve.

Paulina and I warmed up and set up hitting lines.

Time had past and it was finally time for the game to start.

I looked up in the stands in search of the scouts, my parents, and Natalie and Anthony.

I knew the scouts would be under cover but my boyfriend and best friend were no where to be seen.

Shaking the negative thoughts out my head I stepped on the court instantly blocking out everything.

The ref blew the whistle starting the game.

Fans immediately started screaming for their team to win.

I took a deep breath and started my approach for my jump serve.

Ace.

*****

Are you confused? Well, this is basically what's going through London's head before her big game.

Promise next chapter we will get more details about London, I think. Or maybe it'll be the chapter after that. Who knows?

xo .