Chapter 1

August 1586

Melanie's POV:

Ugh what's happened...  OH MY!  My tail... ugh it's stuck underneath this rock.  I have to get out of this cave... that monsoon was one of the worst ones I've seen in a while.  Shoot!  The humans are coming!

Author's POV:

That night was one of the worst nights the people of the island, Blue Island has experienced.  At around seven pm a great monsoon hit the island... Not a lot of people died, but it made great damages to the houses, plants, animals etc. But the next morning the villagers were blessed to find tons of dead fish on the beach.  While the men were gathering the fish they where getting closer to the cave which Melanie was stuck in... one of the men found some pearls next to the cave's entrance... the thing that they didn't know was that when a mermaid cries their tears become pearls.  

As the man started to pick up the pearls from the corner of his eye he saw a young female under the rocks.  As he went closer to the female figure he noticed that instead of legs she had a tail!  When the man saw her he immediately called the other villagers.

Then they captured Melanie and put her in a net next to a pond with high walls.  They tied her hands and tied her to the rope so that she wouldn't escape.  After they put her in the high wall surrounded pond they went and told the king about the mermaid.

As the king heard about Melanie he ran out from his palace and greeted the villagers who captured her, then they showed him the mermaid. The king went down next to the pond and went to touch her, but as he was a few inches from touching her the villager stopped the king.

Villager:     Be careful, Sir!

King:     Ah, you startled me!... Why?

Villager:     They say that if you touch a mermaid without caution the mermaid will take the                                  human's soul and erase their memory.

King:     What nonsense are you talking about?

Villager:     I heard that is... a way the mermaids defend themselves against humans.  I heard that                        there are some seamen who went crazy by touching mermaids.

King:     Well, that doesn't matter, since I won't be using my hands on the mermaid but using a sword.

What do you think will happen to Melanie... will she be killed or saved?  Find out in the next chapter!!!