Chapter 2 {Rain}

A/N: This chapter will contain violence and rape. Read at your own risk, and if you chose to read it, then don't complain if it makes you uncomfortable.

Jesus Christ.

I'm sitting on my couch, waiting for Liam to arrive, when something outside rumbles loudly. The sound reverberates through the house, and rattles the windowpanes. Shit. Mother Nature couldn't have picked a worse fucking time for it to storm.

I make my way slowly over to the window, and watch as the rain tramples over the distant trees, forcing them to bow and bend. The wind whistles through the tall grass in the field across the road, whipping the fragile stalks to a breaking point. Soon, the storm will reach my rock, washing away the bloody prints from yesterday. Liam will really think I'm loosing my mind now, and I'll have nothing to work off of. No hand size, no footprints, nothing.

I can feel my anxiety building. If Liam doesn't arrive on time, all hope of finding the victim of attack is lost. Shit. I move across the room again and sit on my recliner. I'm tapping my foot, and the wait is driving me crazy. I glance quickly at the clock.

9:57

If Liam is late, I'm going to let loose all hell on that boy. He has to be here soon. He has to! He promised not to be late, and he always keeps his word. Please let him get here soon, please dear god.

I feel on the verge of a mental fucking break down.

10:00

I stand and peer out the window again. A car slowly pulls into my street, but passes my driveway. No Liam.

Another car passes.

And another.

And another.

Since when did my neighborhood become so busy?

10:15

A car pulls slowly, slowly onto my street and turns into my driveway. Thank god for small favors. Liam opens his car door and I run out to meet him, closing and locking my front door as I go.

"Where the bloody fucking hell have you been, mate? It's raining just a few miles or so away and you're taking your sweet arse time moseying over here!" My voice cuts through the soft whisper of the distant rain, and Liam's face grows dark.

"Fuck off Zayn. Don't be pissy at me because I hit every light in this town on my way over, and trust me, my patience is at wits end, so I will put up with none of your bull."

"Alright, I'm sorry. I'm a bit stressed. Let's just go alright?" I'm pleading with him, he can't back out now.

"Fine. Let's go." Liam doesn't sound too excited, but we make our way slowly to the woods.

The damp leaves rustle softly beneath our feet as we make our way closer to my rock. I feel my anxiety building with every step.

"Li?"

"Yeah Zayn?"

"Don't freak when we get there, okay? it's really gross, but I need your help really bad." My voice sounds wrong, and Liam looks nervous.

"You okay, Zee? You seem off." Liam's big puppy dog eyes turn to look me up and down, filled to the brim with worry.

"I'll be fine as soon as we find whomever I left out here yesterday. I'm a fucking horrible person. I just left them out here to die!" My voice is shaking at the end, and Liam places a comforting hand on my shoulder. He shakes his head knowingly, and gives me a soft smile.