Chapter 29

I woke with my alarm clock and sighed t the thought of getting up today. I'd rather just stay in bed for the rest of my life! I stretched feeling that I wasn't in as much pain as usual so took the challenge to walk the entire day. 

I opened my curtains seeing the sunlight instantly hitting me and making me feel a little happier. I got ready before checking my reflection. I looked at myself sadly seeing my true self. I forced a smile seeing only a lie. This is me now. 

I was wearing black leggings, a tank top and an oversized woolly jumper paired with my black ankle-high boots. I had on concealer, mascara, eyeliner and lip balm. I couldn't deal with trying to look good and so put my hair into a messy bun before heading to school. 

I made it to school and saw the quad chilling by the side of the building. Colby noticed me and instantly smiled starting to jog over to me. We were quite a distance from each other but I was startled when someone suddenly stood in front of me. My eye quickly adjusted and I saw Claudia standing in front of me. This changes everything! 

Her freckled face looking at me seriously. Her brown eyes piercing past my blue eye and to my non-existing soul. Her ginger frizzy hair, only slightly tamed by a bobble. Her cheeks plumpened as she smirked at me. 

"You didn't think you could escape from me, did you?" Claudia asked smirking nonstop. 

"Claudia?" I slightly questioned. I saw Colby looking cautiously over her shoulder. 

"Don't act like you've forgotten me," She pleaded now breaking into a smile. 

"I just can't believe you're here..." I paused simply looking at her. "Oh my God!" I excitedly squealed, pulling her into a hug. (Was this a plot twist) She laughed as she hugged me back.

"I missed you so much! The school wasn't the same without you," She cheered pulling away from the hug. 

"So, that why you're here," I joked. She laughed at my comment before going serious. 

"My mum found out about your dad, quit and moved here to be closer to you and your sister in case you need anything," She explained with a sad tone, knowing my dad problems. She looked at me sympathetically but I shook it off. 

"It's fine, he's dead to me anyway," I shrugged. I got a slight fright when I felt an arm draped over my shoulder. I saw Colby now standing beside me, smiling down at me. 

"Who's dead to you?" H asked and his entire body language and tone showed he was being protective. 

"You for not kissing me already," I joked. He chuckled before facing me fully and cupping my face in his hands. He leant in and kissed me, making me smile into the kiss. When we pulled away I looked at Claudia to see her smiling at us. I can tell that she's happy for me finding happiness and it only makes me smile more. 

"Can you guys stop being adorable? Oh, Lilly saw your Instagram post with Colby about the relationship and she went off it! She was so jealous," Claudia explained between laughs making me laugh. Colby was looking at us confused so I kissed his cheeks.

"I'll explain later," I smiled. He smiled back at me before quickly stealing a kiss and skipping off, making me laugh. He stopped skipping and looked back at me with a huge smile as he continued walking to the group. 

"He's hotter in person," Claudia said plainly making me laugh. She quickly hugged me. "Ohh, I'm so proud of you," She squealed making me laugh. We heard the bell go so I gave her a quick rundown of everything that she'd missed as I walked her to the office. I gave her the briefest description I could as we didn't have long but she was taken back but proud. We said our goodbyes before I hurried to class and sat beside Colby. He placed his hand on my thigh with a smile. I quickly kissed him. 

"Oh, that was Claudia by the way. I knew her before I moved and basically, Lilly is someone who used t hate me at school so hearing she was jealous was a little win for me," I giggled making him laugh. 

"Then I believe a cute photo of us is in order," He explained pulling out his phone. I giggled as he held the camera up. He looked at me deep in the eyes before pushing some hair behind my ear and turning to the camera again. The small gesture made me smile truly so Colby snapped the quick photo and sent it to me. I didn't do anything before he pulled my phone out my back pocket and opened it up. He posted the photo with the caption: This is Colby, he's my Colby and always will be. #EveryoneNeedsAColby 

I laughed as I read it but couldn't help but smile at the cuteness. He kissed me as he put my phone back in my back pocket and secretly copped a feel making me giggle. He smirked at me before winking. I shook my head with a smile. He's honestly a cheeky little cutie! 

Note To Self: Playthings safe.