Faye's Story (Beautiful Soul)

Her name was Faye. For as long as she could remember, she was being teased for her looks. She tried to be friendly with everyone, but nobody seemed to want to be friends with her because she was considered a geek. In her first year of high school, she looked in the mirror everyday and cried because she began to notice the things that the other kids teased her for. She told her parents about the constant bullying she received, but her mom dismissed it. Her father told Faye that she was the most beautiful girl in the world and that she should just ignore those kids. "Real beauty lies within" he always said. The teasing became much worse as time went by, and after a while, her father's words weren't able to help her anymore.

As the days went by, she grew depressed and at one point, she contemplated suicide. She held a razor to her wrist while taking a bath, but she backed out at the last minute.

One day, while walking home from a terrible school day, she was so dazed and depressed that she didn't see the truck coming as she wandered into the street... the last thing she heard was a scream that didn't belong to her.

She woke up in a cemetary, looking at her name engraved on a tombstone. The casket wasn't buried, it lied open beneath the tombstone. She looked inside the casket and screamed. She was separated from her body.

"Isn't it beautiful?" A voice asked her. She couldn't see where it came from. The voice seemed to be everywhere she looked.

"No." She replied. "I'm dead, and maggots are eating my skin."

The voice laughed. "That may have been your body, but that's not you."

Faye was confused. "It looks a lot like me, from what I can remember."

"The physical body is only temporary. The way you look doesn't define you." The voice explained. "The heart and soul are the true identity. You were a beautiful soul when you walked the earth. Righteous, selfless and kind of heart and therefore, the girl I'm looking at now is the most beautiful girl in the world. Come with me to my kingdom with all of the other beautiful souls to have walked the earth."

When Faye finally looked at her reflection, the true version of herself smiled back at her. It was at that moment when she fully understood that real beauty always lied within.

"A beautiful body is temporary, a beautiful soul lasts forever."