Chapter 7

"Are they going to be alright?" a dark voice said quietly. Obsidianpaw opened her eyes, the first thing coming up in her mind was to get the water out of her.
Sitting up, obsidianpaw began choking out water, landing near the riverclan warrior who had saved her. The Tom had a promising and concerned look. "You alright? You were lucky we saved you two before you entirely drowned," hearing a stiff chuckle, her vision cleared, the moon was a bright red color, but the warrior blocked the moon with his head. "Im Wolffang. C'mon, get up. The clans are leaving."

Obsidianpaw stood up, blurry shapes moving away from the island. Wolffang still stood beside her, propping her up by nudging her shoulder. Standing up meekly, she looked to her right to see currentpaw looking dizzy, there was a long scratch along his back. Probally from when I saved him and almost drowned us both or Dovesong probally snagged her claw across his back...

Obsidianpaw looked up at Wolffang, "is currentpaw going to be alright?" She asked in a whisper, watching the apprentice.

Wolffang nodded slowly,"the medicine cats have helped with his shock, I'm sure he's fine. But for now, the gathering is over, you must go now and return to your clan."

Obsidianpaw was just as confused as currentpaw was dizzy, "oh...Oh..okay." looking around, she stumbled when she realised windclan had already left, did they even notice or care that I almost just died and drowned? She hesitated when Wolffang opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"Obsidianpaw...?" Currentpaws voice came into view. He stood up weakly. Obsidianpaw turned her head, she could notice that it was hard for currentpaw to even stand.
She trotted over to him, pressing her muzzle against him, "thank you for saving my life back there." She gave his ear a long lick, not even caring if other cats were watching, she only cared that currentpaw was safe.
"I would do that for anycat," the Tom said shyly, intertwining his tail with hers, but he suddenly shook his tail away, smiling. "You should get to your clan before they start Dovesongs...execution. Im sure their already at their camp beginning it..."

Obsidianpaws eyes widened in fear, she felt numb, execution? Surely swiftstar wouldn't be that cruel just for her mother breaking the code. "But...wasn't there something you needed to tell me before the gathering?" She asked, hoping curdentpaw did have something to say.
"Oh yeah!" He exclaimed, "tonight, at moonhigh, meet me at the edge of your territory, by the dead hollow tree, and we can talk." Giving obsidianpaws ear a final lick, currentpaw turned and sprinted over to the shadowclan warrior from earlier.

Smiling, she ran towards the scent of where her clan had left, not even taking a moment of risk. The soft lapping of wind brushed through her pelt, her paws sped faster than ever. An execution? Why couldn't swiftstar have just banished Dovesong instead? Like what diamondstar did to Junipertwig. But junipertwig didn't threaten to kill an apprentice.

*******

Once she had reached the camp, cats were already foiled and bundled near the high ledge, where Dovesong Sat angrily beside Swiftstar and shatteredlight. The queen eyed Obsidianpaw as she entered the camp, everycat fell silent and watched her.

"Ah, Obsidianpaw. We were all wondering where you were," Shatteredlight said in a snappy voice. Two other cats nodded in agreement, as if they thought Obsidianpaw was another problem to take care of.

Obsidianpaw watched as swiftstar stood uncomfortably beside her mother, Two smaller cats stood behind her, Thistlepaw and Herbpaw. "Please, obsidianpaw, come sit beside your siblings," Swiftstar said. The leaders body was entirely tense, Thistlepaw looked as if she had just been weeping that entire time, while herbpaw glared and snarled at Dovesong.

Walking up to the high ledge, a memory of when she first came up here to become a apprentice popped up. Herbpaw scooched over for her to sit down, he prodded her shoulder with his paw, as if he didn't want to even have his sister beside him.

"Dovesong," Swiftstar began, "you have broken the code, denied of doing it, kept it a secret from your own kits, and clan, tried killing your own daughter," swiftstar took a quick moment look at obsidianpaw, then back at Dovesong, "then almost killed a shadowclan apprentice, and attacked Diamondstar. Do you have anything...to say in your defense?"

Obsidianpaw took a moment to look at her brother, "dovesong attacked Diamondstar?"

Herbpaw nodded, making eye contact with her, "right after you saved currentpaw, Dovesong attacked Diamondstar."

Dovesong bared her teeth in a growl, her neck fur rising with anger. "Swiftstar, you have to listen to me," her mother whispered, "I never meant to break the code! Please, you can kill them in front of me, I don't care for them. You must listen to me!"

Swifstar seemed lost, her eyes were clouded with confusion and a hint...of anger. The smaller she-cat attacked Dovesong, snarling. "I will never let anyone kill these apprentices! Dovesong, I, swiftstar, ban you from all the clans, and will allow any cat to kill you if you ever show your face around here. These apprentices were never the problem, you were the problem! I don't know how I ever trusted you, especially since you broke the code of a warrior!"

Murmurs broke among the clan, each of them whispering and eyeing Dovesong. "Do you think shes going to leave?" Lionpaw asked quietly. Winterstorm was standing beside Creamytail, he looked at Obsidianpaw sympathetically, a worried look in his eyes.

All obsidianpaw wanted was for her mother to leave, and die as she tried surviving out in the open world, where her carcass would rot. She wouldn't care if she never had to see her mother again, it would actually be a miracle if she didn't. But the next thing that was said spooked Obsidianpaw, it would be the last thing she ever wanted to hear.

"Swiftstar," Herbpaw spoke up, "I would like to join Thunderclan, in my fathers honor."